Re: Sims 2 crashes in windows 10, any way to play it?

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 crashes in windows 10, any way to play it?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is there a way to play The Sims 2 in Windows 10? It crashes continuously. Or do I just have to give up and buy an old computer running previous windows?

Message 1 of 6 (646 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @Nona76,

Could you try to use this link to start a chat again? Please, try to use a different browser in your computer where you don't have add blockers or similar extensions installed.

-Mai

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (662 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @Nona76,

Did you install your The Sims 2 disc version of the game? If so, that might be giving you some issues. Please, talk to one of our advisers as they might be able to turn your physical version of the game into a digital copy.

You can contact one of our advisors through EA Help, and you will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 6 (636 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi. Thank you for your help. I did contact EA help and it has been nine hours and no one helped me resolve this issue. I do have all physical copies of The Sims 2 and they did worked perfectly when I had Windows 7. It would be great to turn them into digital copies, if someone would tell me how to do it. I would be eternally grateful. Standard smile 

Message 3 of 6 (625 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Nona76,

Which contact method have you used? I recommend trying chat, it's usually the fastest way if making a call is not an option for you Wink

-Mai

Message 4 of 6 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The chat was my first option and still have not received any response from a game advisor. ( 24 hours has passed)  But then I checked out at the EA Help in Facebook and they did responded quickly,  sadly to found out that there is no way to turn my physical copies of The Sims 2 in digital ones.  Frown And yes, my last option was to run the compatibility mode and no it did not work, the game flickered. Frown

Message 5 of 6 (606 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Nona76,

Could you try to use this link to start a chat again? Please, try to use a different browser in your computer where you don't have add blockers or similar extensions installed.

-Mai

Message 6 of 6 (663 Views)