Re: Sims 2 complete collection - missing lifetime aspiration meter

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 complete collection - missing lifetime aspiration meter

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I am having trouble with my Sims 2 complete collection game, when I hover over these bars in the UI, the lifetime aspiration doesn't pop up and I have compared my game with others and it seems I am missing a meter. I have attached a screenshot with an arrow pointing at what I am speaking about.

Any possible way I can fix this issue?

Message 1 of 6 (1,696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@JustAntomy , my first thought is to move your Sims 2 folder (Documents > EA Games > Sims 2) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! Start up your game as normal to allow for a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Remember that none of your saved games, CC or mods will be present at this time as they are all on your Desktop. Start up a new game and see if the Aspiration meter is now there. 

You are correct in that your game is currently missing this. Let us see if this corrects the problem before we move back your CC and saved games. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,634 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@JustAntomy , do you have all the EPs and SPs for Sims 2? I am not sure exactly which EP added the extra Aspiration Meter you are referring to. Also it depends on which version you have of Sims 2 as well. If you have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (available only on Windows OS), you should have the extra aspiration meter. If you have Sims 2 Super Collection (available only on the Mac OS), you only get everything released up to and including Bon Voyage. This extra aspiration meter will not be present.

Please respond back.

Message 2 of 6 (1,656 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Tremayne4260 Yeah I have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows OS, I believe its the extra Aspiration Meter is missing and there is no pop up about the lifetime want. I have it on origin and there's nothing to say there are updates for my game.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Message 3 of 6 (1,646 Views)

Champion

@JustAntomy , my first thought is to move your Sims 2 folder (Documents > EA Games > Sims 2) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! Start up your game as normal to allow for a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Remember that none of your saved games, CC or mods will be present at this time as they are all on your Desktop. Start up a new game and see if the Aspiration meter is now there. 

You are correct in that your game is currently missing this. Let us see if this corrects the problem before we move back your CC and saved games. Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (1,635 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You're a genius!!! It's all working now! Thank you so much! :D I'll just need to set my resolution to 1920x1080 and we're golden. Thank you SO much again, hugely grateful Teeth bared

Message 5 of 6 (1,610 Views)

Champion

@JustAntomy , you are most welcome! Glad it's working again. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (1,590 Views)