Sims 2 Ultimate collection 2020

by thewinniethepooh

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate collection 2020

★★★★ Novice

Will Sims 2 eventually come back to Origin or EA ? 

Message 2 of 21 (25,519 Views)

Sims 2

★★★ Newbie

hey everyone, i am really a sims 2 fan! I also know that other simmers love sims 2. I actually dont
 know  why sims 2 is my favorite but i think it is because of the small details and just everything about that game is so realistic. What I really want to say is who also wants the sims 2 to be on origin? I and many simmers want it so badly. I hope EA would do it someday .. They've already done it but it's gone.

Message 1 of 21 (25,479 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate collection 2020

★★★ Newbie

I really hope so. I just purchased a PC because my MAC is becoming unreliable and I wanted something that was more of a gaming laptop. I have The Sims 2 Super Collection on my MAC and I was hoping there would be something similar for the PC as my new laptop doesn't have a disk drive. It's so disappointing there isn't anything anymore. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it will come up again.

Message 3 of 21 (25,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

At this point in time, EA is very aware of the interest in a digital version of Sims 2. I'm afraid the only digital version available is for the Mac OS. There are no plans in the works to re-release the game at this time.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 21 (25,374 Views)

Re: Sims 2

★★★ Newbie

From what I saw awhile ago, they said they're discontinuing it completely

Message 5 of 21 (25,099 Views)

Champion

@MegurineLukaV4X , EA no longer makes new CDs or DVDs for the game and haven't for several years now. There is still support available for the game.

Message 6 of 21 (25,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Tremayne4260 I was referring to the Ultimate Collection free giveaway on Origin. I remember reading something about them ending the giveaway back in 2017 or 2018, I think.

Message 7 of 21 (25,002 Views)

Champion

@MegurineLukaV4X , it ended in October 2018.

Message 8 of 21 (24,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, everyone! 

I missed "The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection" Promotional Offer back in July 2014 because I wasn't aware of it at the time and I only bacame aware of it until very recently. Is it possible that the game will be available in future promotions?

I really love "The Sims", I have the codes (product keys) for "The Sims 2" and 3 more "The Sims 2" expansion packs right here. I have been playing since childhood, and I would be really happy to be able to have all "The Sims 2" expansion packs.

I really hope so. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it will come up again.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 21 (24,878 Views)

Champion

@sUsPiCiOuS_XD , I would not get your hopes up at this time. EA does not have plans at this time to remaster and re-release any of the older Sims titles.

Message 10 of 21 (24,823 Views)