Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Edition won't launch, says base game is not installed

by RavynCorpse

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Edition won't launch, says base game is not installed

★ Novice

After the recent Windows 10 update, I decided to re-install The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition through Origin. Prior to the update, the game would start the opening video and then crash (even with the 4GB patch and graphic file changes), yesterday I was able to get to the loading screen before crashing. I applied the 4GB patch (which was installed correctly) and added my video card to the list (I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti) - the game loaded up but I had the flashing pink neighborhood which caused my game to instantly crash after loading any household. I thought I would go back on today to see if it fixed itself but it is now not launching. Instead, it crashes after launch, telling me that The Sims 2 is not installed, I have attached photos below. It then creates a "The Sims 2" folder inside the EA Games Folder ignoring the already established "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder. The game is installed, all the EP's and SP's are still in the Origin Directory so I don't know why it's doing this. Deleting the newly created "The Sims 2" folder doesn't do anything as every time I try to launch it just creates it again when it crashes.

I used to play, with this graphics card, on Windows 8, but I decided to update to Windows 10 and then I couldn't play anymore. The fact that yesterday I was able to at least launch the game gave me so much hope but now I don't know what's wrong with it. 
If anyone else has experienced this and has any help they can give me that would be very much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3 (665 Views)

Champion

@RavynCorpse , hello. Did you try to remove the "tm" symbol from the The Sims 2 folder? Here are instructions on how to do it if you need them. I think that is why the game is generating two folders and the game isn't recognizing the correct one.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5937

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (649 Views)

★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 Hello, thanks for responding, I just did that and sadly it is still saying it is not installed and creating the other "The Sims 2" folder.
Message 3 of 3 (639 Views)