Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

by Geminiasp

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yesterday during the day, my game was working perfectly fine. 

Last night it started freezing a lot and the only way I could get out of it was to ALT+CTRL+DEL and then "sign out" (because when I would do task manager, the computer would just freeze up). So I just decided to stay off of it for a bit.

But, when I tried getting on after dinner tonight. It just kept crashing. So I did my research, I tried a few different fixes and then went to start up the game to see if they worked. Each time I would try a new fix, I got the same result.

"Direct 3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate"

So I tried to see it was a compatibility issue, I ran the troubleshooter that tried each version (XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8) still got the same message.

I decided to check to see if everything was updated on my computer. Everything was updated to the latest version.

So I went into Origin and decided to repair and update the game from there. So I did and then proceeded to restart my computer.

I went to try to start up the game again.

Same message.

So I did the only thing I had left to do. I saved the neighborhood I was playing and then proceeded to uninstall and reinstall the game. Once that was done I tried to start up the game. And the first message I received was "running Low on disk space" (BTW, I'm not, I have a lot of disk space left on my computer) I clicked "Yes" because I know I had enough space.

But then I got the same error message again.

I went to check my EA games folder, my computer didn't even have an EA Games folder. I went to check my program files folder and it did have a Sims 2 UC folder.

This is so frustrating, I just want to play my game. 

And before I get nonsense questions like "Why are you still playing Sims 2 and not Sims 3 or Sims 4?"  the answer is simple: I like Sims 2 better than 3, and 4, I get more control over the whole neighborhood.

Message 1 of 1 (227 Views)