Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

by Sian_182

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

★★★ Newbie

I downloded the free version of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection that was offered in July.

It worked fine until a few days ago.

I went onto it and it and one by one I got messages coming up saying that I had uninstalled each expansion pack, and I would need to quit the game and reinstall them if I didn't want to lose everything. 

Obviously I haven't uninstalled anything, it's not even possible because I downloaded it all as one pack.

I pressed continue until I was only left with Pets and Nightlife installed. I knew I couldn't quit and reinstall because like it said, it's not possible.

All my families who had been at University were now adults, all the clothes and hair that came with certain expansions had gone, you get the idea.

So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled hoping that I would get all the games back, even if it meant losing my familes.

It hasn't worked, in fact all my families are still there and none of the expansion packs have come back. It's as if I didn't uninstall and reinstalled at all. I tried twice.

I know it's free, but it's frustrating as I was so happy to finally have all the games that I could never afford to buy. I've played Sims 2 since it came out and I was a child, and over the years I've lost everything a countless amount of times and yet I still go back. However that's exactly why I'd never buy Sims 3 or 4, because there's no sure way of everything saving indefinately, like if it was on an account for example. I'm sick of putting time and effort into something I lose. I wasn't so bothered this time because I'd only made two familes and hadn't got that far with them. Still, I can't imagine going back to only having the base game now. Frown

Has anyone else had this happen, or does anyone have a solution? 

Message 1 of 1 (204 Views)