Sims 2 Ultimate Collection suddenly not launching.

by kwardx3

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection suddenly not launching.

★★★ Newbie

After switching over to the EA App from Origin, I decided to redownload TS2 UC because I could never get it to work on Origin due to getting the game for free during a promotion, then Origin suddenly needing a product code to launch the game... which, I never got since again, I got it for free.

Switching over to the EA App, I was ecstatic to learn that the game actually launched and I was able to play for a few hours until I decided to download some CC (which I ended up not installing anyways), and when I attempted to launch the game again, it kept switching over to Origin and asking that I needed a product code again. Now, the EA App says that it's failing to launch - when I didn't do anything different. 

I already had CC installed by the 2nd time I had started the game and it was working perfectly fine, and I even removed my Downloads folder to my desktop to test if my CC was somehow causing the game to crash, but it seems as if that's not the case. 

I really just want the game to work, haha. I've been wanting to play it for months and was considering buying the disks with a disk reader for awhile, but I was so happy when it finally launched... and now I'm back to square one. 

If anyone could provide some insight or offer advice, that would be amazing. 

Message 1 of 5 (746 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection suddenly not launching.

Hero
@kwardx3 If it's asking for product code, you can open game properties in your library and get the code.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem now is that I can't get it to launch. The EA App keeps saying to check my connection or try again later. I've repaired it several times, deleted cache files, but nothing really happens. 

Message 3 of 5 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update: I reinstalled Origin and attempted to launch the game from there and was able to access the activation window, but I'm getting an error message saying that my computer is offline and that I must be online in order to input the code.

Message 4 of 5 (685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another update: I believe that same day I commented my last response, the game had managed to start. I didn't do anything to the game but just did a dry test run (as in just clicking on the desktop icon and thinking that I'll get the same error message) but to my surprise, the game launched. It's been working well for the last few days until just now, where the game had crashed as my sim was buying clothing and when I tried launching the game again, I got the 'product code' error from Origin again, and now the EA App is saying that they cannot launch the game - so I'm back to square one. For awhile, deleting cache files seemed to do the trick when I would get a blank error message upon the game launching, but now it's not doing anything. 

Message 5 of 5 (573 Views)