Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection "Download Failed"

by TheSummerMouse

Original Post

★★ Novice

its slow. that's all I know.  Husband had it before i moved in. so i really couldn't tell ya.  it takes a LONG time to download / upload anything.

Message 11 of 15 (537 Views)

★★ Novice

We have a 50meg connection and it took forever to download, so it would seem having a fast connection doesn't guarantee a fast download Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 12 of 15 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Having the download failed at 100%. Unfortunately, I have a bandwidth limit and I cannot afford to try downloading it multiple times.

Message 13 of 15 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've found a solution (for my computer anyway).

I restarted in safe mode with networking, opened Origin, and it completed. I was then able to apply the update.

To restart in safe mode:

1. Click Start 

2. In the search box, type: msconfig (Step 2 picture)

3. Hit enter. (Step 3 picture)

4. Click on the Boot tab. (Step 4 picture)

5. Check the Safe Boot box and click on the Network Radio button. (Step 5 picture)

6. Click Apply

6. Restart

If you've never done this before, be warned that your desktop and start menu will look different after the restart. It's only temporary and will be reveresed. Your computer is also unprotected from viruses at this time, so internet browsing is a bad idea. Follow the same steps, unchecking the Safe Boot box after the download has installed correctly and restart your computer to return it to normal. 

Message 14 of 15 (458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Starting in safe mode solved my problem too. Thanks!

Message 15 of 15 (453 Views)