Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection neighborhood issues?

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection neighborhood issues?

★★★ Newbie

So, I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin. I also have a bunch of saves that used to work with it thanks to this fix: https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/restore-sims-2-store-ed...

My computer was stolen a few months ago, along with my Sims 2 Double Deluxe disk. Ever since then, I haven't been able to get my neighborhood saves to load properly with the fix or otherwise. I can't find the EP99 folder on any of the disks I currently have, so the fix doesn't work. I realize that Origin doesn't have an option to download Sims 2 Store Edition, but that's what I need. So, I guess, my question is: what expansions actually DO have the EP99 folder, and is there any way to get a hold of the EP99 folder without buying another expansion? The list of expansion with the folder HAS to be incorrect, because I've never owned any of the disks they mention, but I was still able to find an EP99 folder before, so it must exist in others. My guess would be that it's also in Double Deluxe (because that's the one I was using to load the game, hence why it was also stolen). Any others that you know of that have the folder? Is there any way to get my neighborhood saves to work?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (643 Views)

Champion

Hello there.

I am not sure why old saves of any Sims 2 game cannot be placed in the EA folder located Documents > EA > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. This is where your saved games normally are stored along with any CC or Mods you use in the game. This folder should generate once you start up the game for the first time. I'm not sure why you need to find the EP99 folder.

I do have UC installed through Origin and I was able to add my saved games from my Mac version of Sims 2 and they ran fine. 

Please try dragging your Sims 2 folder to your Desktop, starting up the game and allowing a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Do not delete the previous folder on your Desktop as this is where your saved games are stored.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, thanks for your reply! My saves don't work because they're from a version of the game that had Store Edition. Since Store Edition doesn't exist anymore, they're not compatible with The Ultimate Collection. I need to add not only my saves but also Store Edition to The Ultimate Collection, but the disk that had Store Edition on it was stolen along with my laptop. The saves are currently sitting in the correct folder, it's just that my custom neighborhood doesn't show up at all when I launch the game. Looking for advice on finding a copy of Store Edition, which is apparently pretty difficult seeing as how it hasn't been added to games for a long, long while. Many sighs. 

Message 3 of 5 (556 Views)

★★ Novice

hey! were you eveer able to get a copy of the ep99?? im in the same boat as you were, saved games no store edition Frown 

Message 4 of 5 (410 Views)

Champion

@lilyg09 , not to my knowledge at this time. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (404 Views)