Sims 2 Ultimate Collection missing Expansion Pack

by LunarBleue

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection missing Expansion Pack

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Here's my issue- I installed the ultimate connection on my old win7 computer and it runs very well. Then one day I decided to uninstall a bunch of programs to try and save some space and ended up uninstalling Apartment Life (the actual expansion pack -which i forgot to uninstall before installing UC) and it's contents disappeared from Ultimate collection? An Apartment Life folder still appears on Ultimate Collection's folder in Program Files, and it's not empty, it's just like the other expansion folders.... Only difference is the content doesn't show up in game? It had no issues since 2014.. 

I lost internet connection on that computer for about a year now, & i've uninstalled origin...

Is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (3,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection missing Expansion Pack

Champion (Retired)

@LunarBleue

Oh I see... well, if this is the case, I think that you just need to try.. if you have a cable so you can connect to your modem that would be good, but if you want to try just moving the files, that might work! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,629 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@LunarBleue

You're playing the game without Origin? Is that even possible? :P
Well, I was going to suggest your repair the game, but you need Origin for that. Maybe you can get internet temporarily and repair the game in Origin? Without internet though, no clue.. :/

Message 2 of 6 (3,177 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@CMeki yes! I noticed origin itself didn't really launch when I clicked on The Sims 2's icon and it plays well without it. I'm not so sure if it's the same thing after the latest patch tho.

I really can't connect to the internet on that old thing as wifi & ethernet options simply vanished from the system. All I can do is connect a modem or something... Maybe if I download whatever i need in another computer and put it in a flash drive I could work around having a connection....

Why did I uninstall that expansion pack 😂

I really want it back lol

Message 3 of 6 (3,161 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LunarBleue

Oh I see... well, if this is the case, I think that you just need to try.. if you have a cable so you can connect to your modem that would be good, but if you want to try just moving the files, that might work! Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (3,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I tried doing just that- got my cable and followed some tutorials to fix my internet issue! I'm posting from my win 7 computer right now Standard smile

I re-downloaded origin and uninstalled and reinstalled the ultimate collection. Swapped the folders and voilá! Everything is back as it once was. Now I'm uninstalling origin again bc i REALLY don't like to have it on my computer. Nerd

edit: also, before reinstalling I tried repairing then patching the game and I still had that EP missing! I launched the game after each step to check.

Message 5 of 6 (3,038 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

also, don't patch your game as you'll need origin to run it.

ack i can't stand this. whoever came up with the idea of requiring internet connection to play a 2004 game needs to get their * beat

Message 6 of 6 (3,033 Views)