Sims 2 Ultimate Collection missing EA game folder

by Kararsim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection missing EA game folder

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Game: The sims 2 Ultimate collection (Digi download)

Device/Operating System(?): Asus laptop, windows 8.1 64bit

Problem: My EA folder is missing from my 'Documents' folder ( The directory: C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\) There should be an EA games folders but it's simply not there. I've been having compatibility problems with it for a bit but was able to find that out. I was trying to add some mods when I noticed the whole EA folder just upped and disappeared. I am able to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and the sub folders. Those are still there and I'm able to access it.

Solutions tried:I ran the game, ran fine, turned it off and the file didn't show. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it. The folder wasn't there, but I ran the game again, turned it off, turned off my computer, but the EA folder is missing. 

What should I do? My game seems to be working fine without those files, and the only reason I want them is to easily add mods/files to my game. Can I just create new folders and rename them? Can I use someone else's files?

Message 1 of 4 (6,580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection missing EA game folder

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kararsim , the folder has to be somewhere otherwise the game wouldn't run. Your Neighborhoods, Sims, saved games are all stored in that folder. Try doing a search using the Search function on your computer for the "EA Games" folder. 

Please let me know what happens and if you found it and where it was located.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (6,541 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kararsim , the folder has to be somewhere otherwise the game wouldn't run. Your Neighborhoods, Sims, saved games are all stored in that folder. Try doing a search using the Search function on your computer for the "EA Games" folder. 

Please let me know what happens and if you found it and where it was located.

Message 2 of 4 (6,542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah HA! FOUND: C:\Users\Public\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection!!! Looks to be running great and my changes made to the files seem to be working!! Thank you for your Help!!!!

Message 3 of 4 (6,521 Views)

Champion

@Kararsim , Most welcome Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (6,507 Views)