Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free from Origin: Won't Run and getting error?

by notyourgothiccgf

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free from Origin: Won't Run and getting error?

★★★ Newbie

I've had the game fully installed about a month ago on this laptop and i've played it about 2 weeks after installing it and it worked fine, but not when I try to start it I have an error 

Title of error: The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff

Error message: The Sims 2 is not installed on this system, or some required files have been deleted. This expansion pack requires The Sims 2 in order to run. Please install The Sims 2 before attempting to run this application.

The thing is I never switched files or anything and Origin is fully updated and shows I can play it but yet I still get this error.

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall everything or am I missing something else on it?

Windows 7 64 bit

Ram 4 gb

if those matter to it. Help please and thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (1,239 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free from Origin: Won't Run and getting error?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Do you have any CD/DVD versions of the Sims 2 base game? If you do try reinstalling them. That worked for me when I installed the double deluxe edition.

@CourtneyR001 wrote:

I've had the game fully installed about a month ago on this laptop and i've played it about 2 weeks after installing it and it worked fine, but not when I try to start it I have an error 

Title of error: The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff

Error message: The Sims 2 is not installed on this system, or some required files have been deleted. This expansion pack requires The Sims 2 in order to run. Please install The Sims 2 before attempting to run this application.

The thing is I never switched files or anything and Origin is fully updated and shows I can play it but yet I still get this error.

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall everything or am I missing something else on it?

Windows 7 64 bit

Ram 4 gb

if those matter to it. Help please and thank you.

Message 2 of 3 (1,148 Views)

Re : Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free from Origin: Won't Run and getting error?

Before reinstall the game you can first try to repair it. (right click on the game in Origin and select repair)

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 3 of 3 (1,141 Views)