Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection download

by PrincessrozeeS

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection download

★★★★ Novice

I have just heard about the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection download. I bought all the Sims 2, EP's and SP's and they were all registered on the old Sims 2 site. I would like to play the Sims 2 again on my newer Windows 7 computer but no matter what I try I cannot get the game to run. It installs but wont run. I have explored as much as I can to get it run and it's very frustrating.

Does the Ultimate Collection run on Win 7? I wonder why I never got an email about the UC? Was this offered to all Sim players worldwide or just in the US?  In my opinion the Sims 2 was the best of all The Sims games and I am disappointed that I missed out on this offer.

When the Sims 1 was brought out as a collection pack I bought it as a back up to my original disks. I was hoping that EA would do the same for the Sims 2, and they did, but only as a free download and for a limited time. It appears I have missed out which is very disappointing.

Message 1 of 3 (671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe no one has answered me because they don't have the answer or because no one from EA can help me. I find this very sad as being a faithful Sims player from Sims 1 and have bought all the items in Sims 1 and 2  and all the EP's in Sims 3. I didn't buy SP's in the Sims 3 because I was I was disappointed in the gameplay of the Sims 3 and to be honest found the game overwhelming. I have only got the Sims 4 basic game waiting to see how this pans out. I am left so disappointed. When I get back to playing the Sims 2 I know I will have fun with the Sims again because this was and is the best game ever. It may not have the updated graphics of later editions. It may not have some of the things that I liked in the later editions, but The Sims 2 has so much  going for it, it makes fun playing and builds on EP's that one finds it so much fun to play.

Those of you in charge at EA and making the new Sims games? Have you played all the Sims 1, 2 3 ? Do you know what makes a game fun and playable and wanting fans to come back and play time and time again? With this latest edition the Sims 4 I guess not because I find it "boring" and to be honest some of the Sims I play in the game too do Standard smile

Message 2 of 3 (654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can only assume that only US players were sent the email about the Ultimate Collection as I didn't know about it until doing a search online today.  I too have the base game plus every single EP and SP for both Sims 1 and 2, tried Sims 3 only to be left disappointed at it and how it seemed to have gone backwards instead of forwards in terms of game play.  I am here looking for a way to contact EA to find out if I can get the Ultimate Collection somehow but I am coming up empty handed with that too.  I hope there will be an official response to the post and I hope that there will be some way we can get hold of this version and be able to play the best Sims game to date again.

Message 3 of 3 (644 Views)