Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Origin) - Where to put CC?

by nosferatool

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Origin) - Where to put CC?

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, and have looked around for where to put CC. I had no issues with this when I played the base game on disc as the EA folder was present, but now that I have the game through Origin, there is no EA Games folder for which to put the CC in. I uninstalled the disc version of the game prior to installing the Origin version,.

Is it possible for me to create this folder? Or is there a folder within the Origin files that I can place it in?

I've started the game up once and so far there's no issues with how it runs.

Message 1 of 9 (16,759 Views)

Re : Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Origin) - Where to put CC?

You have to put the CC in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads. You can create this last folder if its not already create. Wink

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 2 of 9 (16,753 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure that's where you put it. That's where I put all my cc files and none of it showed up in the game. It worked perfectly on my previous version of sims, so it's not the cc itself.

Message 3 of 9 (16,738 Views)

I have The Sims 2 installed so I've check and this is exactly where you have to put your CC : Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads 

Have you activate CC in the game ? Settings (in game) > Custom Content > Activate the CC...

Message 4 of 9 (16,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dude if theres no EA Games folder we cant get to that bro. theres no EA folder at all

Message 5 of 9 (16,411 Views)

If there is no EA Games folder, make sure you have already open your game, it create a folder if it doesn't already exist each time you open the game Wink

Message 6 of 9 (16,405 Views)

Re: Re : Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Origin) - Where to put CC?

★★★ Newbie

You have to activate custom content in the game, exit the game and it will be there

Message 7 of 9 (13,447 Views)

★★ Novice

I did all that, i have it activated, in the downloads folder, and it still wont show up.

Message 8 of 9 (8,153 Views)

Champion

@Venusprimrose , a couple of things. The EA Games folder does not appear until you have started the game for the first time. The game itself generates it upon the first time it starts up. Simply adding an EA Games folder won't do anything. If you have created one, delete it. You can move the Downloads folder to your Desktop if you have already added CC/Mods. Make sure before you start up the game after doing this that you have downloaded and used Graphics Rule Maker to add your video card data to the Graphics Rule.sgr file so the game will recognize your video card.

So, now that you have deleted the EA Games folder, start up Sims 2. It may take a few minutes longer than normal because the game is creating the file. Once you see the Neighborhood start up screen, pick a neighborhood and play for about an hour or so to make sure that at least the game is working ok. You can save if you wish to, but it's not required. When you quit the game go to the Sims 2 folder (found Documents > EA Games > Sims 2) and you should see several folders within the Sims 2 folder and now you can safely add the Downloads folder and your CC should now show up in your game.

Please let me know if this works.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 9 (8,138 Views)