Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: Low Disc Space?

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I don’t have the ultimate collection so would I do this for mansion and garden then since that’s the highest game I have ?? 

Message 11 of 50 (1,619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

There isn't an Ultimate collection there are folders for all the version like The Sims 2 Pets or The Sims 2 University or The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden etc

From which should I remove the "™" logo?

Message 12 of 50 (1,473 Views)

Champion

@JaeeMarieee , follow the directions in the second post on the first page of this thread. And yes, you would do this for Mansion and Garden since that is the most recent Expansion/Stuff pack you have.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 50 (1,459 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing the same problem. I don't have "ultimate collection" but The Sims 2 Pets and etc. I deleted the TM on all of them and there is no change. I am stuck, since this is a brand new PC and there is virtually nothing on it

Message 14 of 50 (1,076 Views)

Champion

@MsBikasa , have you found and installed the 4GB patch? If not, Google search for it and download it and install it.

Message 15 of 50 (1,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes I have. I followed this tutorial

https://pleasantsims.com/sims-2-windows-10/

And in the config log it says 4096 MB

Says it doesn’t recognize my graphics card but I don’t know if that’s related to “running low on disk space”

I am so hopeless right now, it seems nothing works for me but the game works fine on all of my friends’ computers 

Message 16 of 50 (1,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MsBikasa , so you've tried everything in that post? Just checking so we know we may need to start next. Oh, one question. Are you playing from the disk version or the Sims 2 UC?

Message 17 of 50 (1,039 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. I just downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin.  There is over 400GB free disk space. It's a fresh installation of the SIms 2, I only downloaded some mods. I tried the solution with the trademark sign, but there's no improvement. I keep getting the "running low on disk space" message. I have Windows 10 version 20H2.

The game is playable, but there are serious problems. First, it seems to take too much time to open and load. I can load neighborhoods, play normally and save my game, but if I change the resolution and other game settings, they dont stay the next time I open the game, so i have to change them again every time. Furthermore, custom content enablement isn't saved. I mean, when you open the game, it asks you as always if you want to enable custom content and states that you need to restart the game in order for custom content to function. That's ok until now. If I enable it and restart the game, when the game loads again the mods are shown disabled and I have to select again to enable them, but that isn't ok because I need another restart, but mods enablement can't be saved, resulting in that I can't have mods.

So it seems that the game can't save some settings and preferences.

I've searched all kinds of solutions i could find to it. I found out that most people solved it by removing the "TM" symbol from that registry entry. For me it doesn't work. So what could I do?

Message 18 of 50 (871 Views)

Hero

@miltos00 Since you've mentioned that your game options reset, please check that your Sims 2 user data is NOT syncing to OneDrive and that the antivirus is not messing with the game.

OneDrive is enabled on Windows 10 by default, and it will sync the entire Documents folder, including The Sims 2. It has a 5GB free storage limit, and it's not recommended to let it near The Sims 2 as the user data can be very sensitive, and the game might run into issues if something goes wrong with OneDrive.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 50 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply.

I have OneDrive completely turned off, I don't use it and I turned it of when I installed WIndows. Also, the antivirus doesn't seem to have messed with the game. Wouldn't I notice something lke a notification if it had?

Message 20 of 50 (849 Views)