Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: Low Disc Space?

by Henalexandre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: Low Disc Space?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, I recently downloaded Sims 2  to my Origin library (it being free and all) but I'm having issues running it.  It continues to tell me I'm low on disk space (I'm only using 173 GB of 477 GB) and  freezes when I open it.

When I prepare to download/re-install it,  it says 12.57 GB is the disk space required out of the 318.70 GB available. Sounds like there should be more than enough space to run.  Perhaps I'm just being a idiot and not doing something correctly but, any help would be appreciated.   

My computer runs Windows 7 Home Premium, Sevice Pack 1, 64-bit. 

Message 1 of 50 (24,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Go to "Run" or press Windows + R then type "regedit" and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then select SOFTWARE

For 32-Bit: Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click on the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

For 64-Bit: Open "Wow6432Node" then Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

Before: The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection

After: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Enjoy!

View in thread

Message 2 of 50 (26,103 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Go to "Run" or press Windows + R then type "regedit" and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then select SOFTWARE

For 32-Bit: Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click on the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

For 64-Bit: Open "Wow6432Node" then Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

Before: The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection

After: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Enjoy!

Message 2 of 50 (26,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks a million bluishpenta! Your solution works like a charm! It also solves the program termination problem and the missing files in Documents are back.Confusedmileyvery-happy:

I can't believe this little evil trademark sign is the culprit of all the compatibility problems in Windows 8.1...Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 3 of 50 (24,178 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually I have tried this soultion, I was all excited and actually got very far in "Create a family" but as soon as I clicked on 5 for Clothing this window came up saying "The program has crashed. The program will now terminate" Some times a different window comes up saying "The sims 2 EP 6 has stopped working, windows is searching for a solution" and that little green bar stays running. When I am connected to the internet the Sims simply won't run. This is the case with sims 2 base game + Expansions.

When I am connected to the internet, I can't even get onto the game, as soon as I launch the thing to press play I get:
"The sims 2 Launcher has stopped working windows is searching for a solution"

CAN SOMEONE FROM EA PLEASE BOTHER TO HELP US. THIS IS SOOOOO RIDICULOUS. This is not the only Forum were people are complaining and lots of people prefer sims 2. More new rubbish sims keep coming out like the 4, when most prefer the 2. Can some one please help us? This is very irritating.

Message 4 of 50 (23,486 Views)

For problems with the launcher : http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/TIP-Bypassing-the-Launcher/td-p/3351785/jump-to/first-unread-mes...

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 5 of 50 (23,478 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for that. Yeah the launcher is no problem, I just turn off the internet. But what about the rest, please do you know of anything we can do?

Message 6 of 50 (23,471 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Are you using Windows 8 ? Can you try to turn on the compatibility mode ? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

@Sims2wizard 

Message 7 of 50 (23,465 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi tried these compatibility modes all. I was running it at windows XP serivice pack 2. Still have problems Frown

Message 8 of 50 (23,456 Views)

★★ Novice

This technician said he can get it running for £50...... :O But thats rather a lot of money.

Message 9 of 50 (23,455 Views)

Who said that to you ? Whoever he is, I don't think it's a great idea...

Message 10 of 50 (23,447 Views)