Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: Low Disc Space?

by mate54

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@miltos00 I managed to solve to the problem but it was the most weird solution ever. A friend of mine who is a programmer saw that my bios was 7 years out of date and the installation of windows was bugged, so he updates my bios and reinstalled my windows 10. After that, a fresh install of the game and it works like magic!!
Message 21 of 50 (1,026 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MsBikasa Really weird! It makes sense for my computer, though. I have my computer for something like 6 or 7 years, obviously without having updated the BIOS. I have played the Sims 2 many times on it on previous installations of Windows (of previous versions). So it was the first time to download and play the game on version 20H2, which may be bugged.

Thanks for the quick reply on this relatively old post, you're top! I'm kind of lazy right now to do a fresh installation, but I'll do it probably the next week. Hope it works, I really wanted to play the game again!
Message 22 of 50 (1,013 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MsBikasa So, I have some news about that.
First, my computer had the lastly updated version of bios, which was released in 2014, so I couldn't apply that method.
I tried to install the game on a laptop, a new one, I have it for one year (that meaning it won't have an outdaded bios). But the problem persists. I get the same message.
That seems too weird, as I watch people on Youtube who can play the game (I believe on modern systems).
Message 23 of 50 (985 Views)

Champion

@miltos00have you tried emptying your Recycle bin?  Just checking to see if it will free up memory on your computer 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 50 (979 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 Tried it, didn't work. I didn't expect that to work actually, I have hundreds of gigabytes of free space.
Message 25 of 50 (967 Views)

Champion

Have you also tried the 4GB patch? Just kind of thinking of things that might help.

Message 26 of 50 (951 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 I hadn't tried it, I wanted to keep the game clean to make sure nothing conflicts and causes the error. I tried it now though, but there's no improvement.
Message 27 of 50 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@miltos00 Sorry if this might get repetitive, but I would double-check OneDrive and antivirus. I personally find Windows 10 somewhat unpredictable, so you can never be too safe. And not being able to save settings could be a symptom of one of those. You might also want to check that your Sims 2 user folder is not set as Read-only.

Also, after removing the trademark, did you get a new Sims 2 user folder that reflected the update (no trademark symbol in the name)? You might want to move the entire EA Games folder from Documents to your desktop, and let the game generate a completely fresh one.

I'm also curious if you have multiple hard drives. The game can be installed anywhere, but the user folder will always be in the main Documents folder. As for the 4GB Patch, it should not conflict with anything, since it only lets the game use up to 4GB RAM if necessary. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 50 (918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello , I know this problem is two years old but I do not know what to do. I have a brand new PC 1T 16 Ram Windows 11 and the only thing in there is the Sims. So how on earth 

it says low disk space?

Message 29 of 50 (446 Views)

Champion

@margeker , have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread? Have you cleared your Recycle Bin?

Message 30 of 50 (434 Views)