Sims 2 Ultimate Collection DirectX 9.0c Error-Please Help!Windows 10

by elleskyheart

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection DirectX 9.0c Error-Please Help!Windows 10

★ Guide

So, I've had this game for a year and a half. I got it to worked on my old Lenovo computer, but got a newer one today. It is a Lenovo Legion Y545. I've tried everything. I've tried the general help tool which does nothing, I tries downloading the DirectX 9.0 and even when I use compatibly mode, the screen just shows up and disappeared. I even tried download certain graphic files and it won't work. The only thing I haven't tried is Windows 10 Graphic Problems-Sims Collection which is on the leefish site. However, I have no idea what I am suppose to do, it's very irritating. If someone knows how to use this method could you help me?

It would be nice if someone could help me. And yes, I know about the windowed mode, but it hurts my eyes. I've read thread after thread and nothing is working and I hope to get help. If you know, please have understandable directions...I'm very bad with getting tech sadly....I really hope I get some help....

Message 1 of 5 (2,544 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection DirectX 9.0c Error-Please Help!Windows 10

Champion

@elleskyheart , you need to check to what kind of graphics card your new computer has (nNivdia or whatever). Next download the Graphics Rule maker which is actually pretty easy to use. Install and run the program and look for your specific graphics card which the program should then automatically add to the Graphics Rule.sgr file. I would read the forum post on Leefish's site as there are some graphics cards that may need a little extra care. As stated in their instructions, make a copy of the original Graphics Rule.sgr file and move it somewhere safe before attempting to use this program. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (2,525 Views)

★ Guide

I've tried to copy it. But it won't copy. Do you mean copy and then paste it or press the button? I did the later and the file wouldn't copy. Also, I did read the direction, but i don't understand what it means and not sure what I'm doing. 

Message 3 of 5 (2,521 Views)

★ Guide

Please...someone help me...

Message 4 of 5 (2,506 Views)

Champion

@elleskyheart , this is why you make a copy of the Graphics Rule.sgr file. So that if you mess it up, you still have an original copy to go back to. I know it sounds daunting, but really it is very easy. And trial and error aren't always bad things. Standard smile

So yes, if the actual program didn't insert the proper lines of code in the file for the game to work, then you open up Word or Notepad in Windows, copy and paste the lines of code from Leefish's forum and edit them as they instruct manually to add your graphics card information, then copy and paste your edited version of the code into the Graphics Rule.sgr file. I also recommend making a copy of your edited file as well. You can name it something like Graphics Rule Edited and then if it works and you need to add it again, you've got a copy that all you have to do is edit the name of it to insert it back into your game. 

I had to edit mine manually myself and yes, I was scared at first to go messing with the game code. But if you take a few precautions, there won't be anything done that can't be undone. Standard smile And once it's done, you can play again! 

So please try once more for me. I'll still be here to help you out. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (2,487 Views)