Re: Sims 2 UC Windowed Mode Laptop

by mygsboi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 UC Windowed Mode Laptop

★ Novice

Hello!

My Sims 2 UC won't open in windowed mode on my laptop.

I would like to dual screen my laptop and monitor so I can play Sims 2 on one and watch a video on another.

I have tried the " -w" and " -window" command and the in-game settings but I can't get any of it to work.

My main issue is that I want the sims to play on the second monitor, NOT the main laptop.

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

If nothing can be done, I guess I'll just have to deal with it :/

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

-Dominique

Message 1 of 4 (557 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@mygsboi Just to be sure, you hit the space button once and added -w at the end of the target line in Properties for the Sims2EP9.exe shortcut? You can also try to add it to Origin, right-click on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection -> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options; you can add -w to Command Line Arguments.

If both of those fail, try presing Alt+Enter in-game and see if it ever switches to windowed mode.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (524 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@mygsboi Just to be sure, you hit the space button once and added -w at the end of the target line in Properties for the Sims2EP9.exe shortcut? You can also try to add it to Origin, right-click on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection -> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options; you can add -w to Command Line Arguments.

If both of those fail, try presing Alt+Enter in-game and see if it ever switches to windowed mode.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (525 Views)

Champion

@mygsboi , I think you can switch to windowed mode after starting the game. Have you tried to?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (510 Views)

★ Novice
@mygsboi going into the Origin game properties did it! Thank you !!!!
Message 4 of 4 (493 Views)