Sims 2 UC Crashing

by darciemarie23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 UC Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I screwed up my Sims 2 UC. I did it by uninstalling and reinstalling SimPE. I feel so stupid I've should've known better. I can get into the game but I can't get into a neighborhood before it crashes and doesn't let me in. I've unistalled SimPE again and deleted all the SimPE files my computer would let me. Do I have to restart my game from scratch?

Message 1 of 4 (506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 UC Crashing

Champion

@darciemarie23 , your saved games are stored in your Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 folder. Move that folder (do not copy or create a short cut) to your Desktop for safe keeping. Next start up the game to allow for a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Remember that none of your saved games will be present at this time. Also, none of your mods or CC will be present either. See if you can start up a new game and play for a bit to see if anything else odd occurs. If everything seems ok at this point, you can slowly add back your CC and replace your Neighborhoods folder with your old one from your Desktop to continue your saved games.

Please keep me updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (477 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@darciemarie23 , your saved games are stored in your Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 folder. Move that folder (do not copy or create a short cut) to your Desktop for safe keeping. Next start up the game to allow for a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Remember that none of your saved games will be present at this time. Also, none of your mods or CC will be present either. See if you can start up a new game and play for a bit to see if anything else odd occurs. If everything seems ok at this point, you can slowly add back your CC and replace your Neighborhoods folder with your old one from your Desktop to continue your saved games.

Please keep me updated.

Message 2 of 4 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Tremayne4260 It worked fine before I added the neighborhoods. So the only two neighborhoods I spent a bunch of time in were Pleasantville and Strangetown. I messed up Pleasantville by accidentally moving the complete file from the desktop instead of copying it. I copied it from the new file and put it in the desktop but that didn't work because the neighborhood literally only has the Goths now. After I added Strangetown it just crashes when I try to get into it. Veronaville seems to be okay. It seems like I do have to start over.

Message 3 of 4 (456 Views)

Champion

@darciemarie23 , I'm sorry to hear that. Frown I've had it happen to me as well too. At least the game works ok again. Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (449 Views)