Sims 2 Slow Build/Buy Mode on Windows 10

by Summerbear5

Original Post

Sims 2 Slow Build/Buy Mode on Windows 10

★★★★★ Novice

So I've had Windows 10 for a little bit now, However before I had Windows 8.1. I was lucky enough to obtain a copy of The Sims 2 UC because I had previously purchased the game and registered it to my origin. So the game was installed when I was running Windows 8.1. I recently decided to play The Sims 2 and check out how the game was running with my new OS. The game starts perfectly fine, runs very well...except when I get to the build/buy catalog. When I first go to the flooring the game pauses for a bit...I know this happens the very first time running the game on a new install because it's caching all the thumbnail images, but every time I'm getting the pausing. The same exact floor tile or wall tile will constantly give me a pause as it's loading. 
I thought maybe something was wrong with my caches so I cleared all the Sims 2 cache files as instructed on another website. Restarted the game but still the pauses persists. I've also tried a couple other things but still it hasn't fixed the issue.
Hoping maybe someone knows my problem and maybe has a fix or is this something I am going to have to constantly deal with as I'm building houses in The Sims 2.

Thanks for reading and if you need anymore information just ask.

Message 1 of 2 (1,014 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Slow Build/Buy Mode on Windows 10

★★★ Novice

Hello! This a common problem now, since windows 10 doesn't support securom. Securom is a protection program that came with latest sims 2 eps and with ultimate collection. I have that problem too, and it's getting really frustrating to build and decorate houses :/.

I wish EA would remove Securom from the game files. Otherwise, users who want to remove securom on their own, might do some damage to their pc, since it requires advanced computer skills to do it.  I hope you can figure out something! 

Message 2 of 2 (961 Views)