Sims 2 Missing Sim after Marriage on Community Lot

by ZoeSpatula

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Missing Sim after Marriage on Community Lot

★★★★ Novice

I had sent two of my sims on a community lot they own and while they were managing their business, one of them (male) fell in love with and married a female sim that lived in a different household. She immediately appeared as part of their household and became playable.

But when I sent them home, only the original two sims physically arrived there, while the bride is now shown as part of the household, but is not actually on the lot.

I've attempted to solve this by using the Lot Debugger and choosing Fix... Retrieve missing sim, but it didn't do anything. I realize marrying them on the community lot may not have been the brightest idea, but can anyone help me now?

Message 1 of 4 (715 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Missing Sim after Marriage on Community Lot

★★★★ Novice
@mate54 Thank you for your solution. I've tried some other things but honestly the tombstone never occurred to me. But in the meantime i got impatient and used the girl's original household members to ask her to move back in with them and it worked. Now i just have play her husband's household to get her to move in where i want her to be.

Still, thank you for your help.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (683 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@ZoeSpatula Just to confirm, reloading the game and the lot did not spawn the Sim back either? I have an idea, but it would be wise to create a backup of your user data just to be 100% safe. Go to Documents\EA Games\ and make a copy of The Sims 2 folder.

My suggestion is to try loading another household (any household that the missing Sim has not lived in) and spawning the Sim there:

1. After you load another household, press CTRL+Shift+C to open the cheat console, type in boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true.
  2. Hold Shift and click on any Sim, then click Spawn > Tombstone of L&D.
  3. Pause the game. Click on the newly spawned Tombstone, and look for Add Neighbor to Family > [Missing Sim's Name]Please do not click any other names; unique NPCs (Grim Reaper, Therapist, etc.) will also show up on that list, but they should never be spawned using cheats. Since the game should be paused, you will be able to cancel the action if you accidentally click on them, but it's best to be careful in the first place.
  4. Unpause the game. If the missing Sim appears, delete the Tombstone of L&D, move her out, save, and merge her with her intended household from the Family Bin. Deactivate testing cheats by typing in boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (696 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mate54 Thank you for your solution. I've tried some other things but honestly the tombstone never occurred to me. But in the meantime i got impatient and used the girl's original household members to ask her to move back in with them and it worked. Now i just have play her husband's household to get her to move in where i want her to be.

Still, thank you for your help.
Message 3 of 4 (684 Views)

Hero
@ZoeSpatula You're welcome, glad to hear you've fixed it!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (672 Views)