Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

by cincygal419

Original Post

Re: Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

Champion

@Melanie4293 , were you working on the CC from scratch or from different EPs/SPs? If you had worked on them on a Windows machine, please remember that not all of the Expansion packs and Stuff packs are in the Mac Version. It could be say a recolor of an item from Apartment Life which was never ported to the Mac. Just trying to think of why it isn't appearing in your game. Does other CC that you have added appear?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 81 of 107 (1,075 Views)

★ Novice

hello, I read everything that was written above, I did it exactly according to the instructions, put the ".package" files in the correct "downloads" folder, I enabled permission to use additional objects in the game, but they never appeared in the game itself ... But in Bodyshop they are there and they can be used, but in the game itself they are not, please tell me what i need to do to see them. this is very important to me, thanks!
I use a translator and may not speak very correctly

Message 82 of 107 (999 Views)

Champion

@drochi_li_666 , sounds like you may have put the CC in the Bodyshop programs folders instead of in the main game folders. I've never been able to get Bodyshop to work for me, so I'm not sure if it generates a different set of folders or not. Can you screenshot where you are putting them?

Message 83 of 107 (961 Views)

★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 

i have only one folder  ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/".

and i create a "Downloads" folder 

when i open the game i dont have window with CC and i turn on  Display Custom Content (((

https://ibb.co/LtZm1Py
https://ibb.co/89qGRQg
https://ibb.co/g4C2LBw
https://ibb.co/mbMVnkG

Message 84 of 107 (881 Views)

Hero

@drochi_li_666 Assuming that all four photos are of the same folder, you're missing quite a lot of sub-folders which makes me believe that the game itself is not using that folder at all.

Please launch the game, load any neighborhoood that has lots, and enter this cheat: boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename true which will allow you to see the exact file locations for any lots you hover over with your mouse. Since the lots are located somewhere inside the main Sims 2 user folder, that should hopefully tell you where your Sims 2 folder is located and if you can install your CC in it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 85 of 107 (870 Views)

Champion

@drochi_li_666 , if you open up Application Support are there any folders in it? If there are, there should be a "Address Book" Folder, "Aspyr" folder, "CrashReporter", "iCloud" and "SyncServices" folder. The Sims 2 folder is located under the "Aspyr" folder which should have folders like "Camera", "Collections", "Config", "Neighborhoods" to name a few. This is where you would place the "Downloads" Folder.

Message 86 of 107 (858 Views)

★ Novice

wow!!!

im found the correct folder in library/application support/aspyr/the sims 2 and create here "Downloads" folder

but now the game cant loading, i think because i have a lot of CC Frown((((

loading goes to the middle and app closes  

Message 87 of 107 (849 Views)

Champion

@drochi_li_666 , you may have to remove some of your CC. I find that the game really can only handle about 2GB worth of CC and so while I still have a lot of my Sims 2 CC, I have it saved on my hard drive and not in the game. It may handle a little more than that, but I rarely put that much in game any more. I found the pieces I really couldn't do without and put those back in.

Message 88 of 107 (843 Views)

★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 

I have 5gb CC and there are a lot of repetitions
maybe there is some kind of application that would sort and remove the same CC??

( i also have computer on windows )

Message 89 of 107 (832 Views)

Champion

@drochi_li_666 , there is a program on Mod the Sims that might help you. I think it's called Clean Installer.

Message 90 of 107 (821 Views)