Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

by cincygal419

Original Post

Re: Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

★★ Novice

I’ve recently installed the Mac version of sims 2 and I’ve downloaded what is suggested but when I try to open package installer it pops up with a message and says something can’t be verified by mac. Do you think it’s safe to go ahead and ignore the message. Has anyone had this problem 

Message 71 of 107 (1,288 Views)

Hero
@_mxa_245 If you’ve downloaded Package Installer from Aspyr (I believe the download is called The Sims 2 Extras), then it should be safe.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 72 of 107 (1,284 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, thank you. Surely shouldn’t break my Mac 😭

Message 73 of 107 (1,277 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m not sure how to actually go ahead with the installation because the only option I have are eject disk image and cancel. Any ideas as to what to do?

Message 74 of 107 (1,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I just bought the Sims 2 super collection on my macbook pro (Big Sierra) and started to play a little. I wanted to download some CC and while trying to figure out how to do it I ended up in this conversation. I read it all and I did all steps, starting by downloading Package Installer and The Body Shop on Aspyr, then I downloaded a few files (which are .package after unziping), and then I went to my library looking for the "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore" folder and it does not exist on my computer. I even looked for it with Terminal to be sure but not a sign of it! So here I am, does anyone have any idea of the problem here?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Message 75 of 107 (1,144 Views)

Champion
@lalouesse It’s found in your Library which isn’t normally showing on your finder tab. You have to press your Command key while in the Go tab in the Finder

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 76 of 107 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 yes i did it already and there are many files starting with "com." but not this one
Message 77 of 107 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been desperately trying to install custom contents for my Sims 2 game on Mac... I did exactly what everyone advised to do, but just like lalouesse, I don't have the com.aspyr.sims2.appstore.

However I did find another path: library>Containers>The Sims 2 Super Collection>Data>Library>Application Support>Aspyr>The Sims 2, and there, there was already a 'Downloads' file. So I tried to put my custom content there, and the hairstyles and clothes I had put were working in the Sims Body Shop, but it doesn't appear in the game (and YES I have allowed custom content in the game, I have restarted my computer and the game several times). 

I am completely stuck and I feel like I'm very close to achieving my dream: being able to play The Sims 2 (with all the custom content I used to have) after so many years waiting... I know there must be very few Sims 2 players now (all the more playing on Mac), but if anyone could help me.... 

Message 78 of 107 (853 Views)

Champion

@Melanie4293 , so does the CC you've been working on have files that end in the ".package" extension? If so, you should be able to add it directly to the downloads folder. If not, you have may to save it as a Sims 2 file and install with the CC installer. All files within the Downloads folder must end in ".package".

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 79 of 107 (834 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 Yes there are only .package extensions in my Downloads file, I have clicked on the very few Sims2Pack files and I had a message from the package installer telling me the installation was successful, but still, the content is not appearing in the game.
Message 80 of 107 (823 Views)