Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

by cincygal419

Original Post

Re: Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

Champion
@peytongamegirl Have you started up the game and played for about an hour or so? This will insure that all the game files that should be in the Sims 2 folder have generated properly and are there the next time when you go to install CC or mods. If you have simply started up the game and then quit without playing, nothing will generate. In addition, you said you had problems downloading Package Installer. Have you checked your computer’s downloads folder?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 61 of 107 (1,552 Views)

★★ Novice

My com.aspyr.sims2.appstore foler in library is totally empty and has no files. I have opened both the body shop and the package installer multiple times and have been playing the game itself for months. I'm not sure what to do.

Message 62 of 107 (1,507 Views)

Champion

@toyotacamri98 , so you've been playing the game and none of those folders have generated? That's odd. Have you tried a different neighborhood to see that might make those folders generate?

Message 63 of 107 (1,495 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried but nothing seems to have changed. Will anything happen if I make my own folders?

Message 64 of 107 (1,474 Views)

Champion

@toyotacamri98 , it shouldn't hurt to add folders. Try it and let me know what happens. I've other players say the same thing and I want to check and see what happens.

Message 65 of 107 (1,466 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Tremayne, I have read all the instructions you gave so far. However, I came up with some issues that are totally different from what other members have mentioned and it's been driving me crazy. 

1. I downloaded the sims 2 extras including Package Installer and Body Shop. However, when I clicked to install, they both showed “The Sims™ 2: Body Shop AND Package Installer” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified". 

2. I already followed your guidance on how to find "The Sim 2 folder" in the Library but the problem was when I accessed the "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore folder", it didn't have the DATA FILE in the folder as you mentioned (I attached a screenshot for a better view). So I just created a new folder "Downloads" and put in some CCs downloaded from modthesim, the file format is .package so I think it's appropriate. However, when I came back to the game, there's nothing in it. I already click "enable" in the game, I even logged out and logged in to see changes but it didn't. 

I'm so desperate right now. I hope this reach you. Thank you in advance.

Btw, I'm using iMac with MacOS Big Sur in case you wanna know.

Message 66 of 107 (1,337 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Tremayne, I have read all the instructions you gave so far. However, I came up with some issues that are totally different from what other members have mentioned and it's been driving me crazy. 

1. I downloaded the sims 2 extras including Package Installer and Body Shop. However, when I clicked to install, they both showed “The Sims™ 2: Body Shop AND Package Installer” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified". 

2. I already followed your guidance on how to find "The Sim 2 folder" in the Library but the problem was when I accessed the "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore folder", it didn't have the DATA FILE in the folder as you mentioned (I attached a screenshot for a better view). So I just created a new folder "Downloads" and put in some CCs downloaded from modthesim, the file format is .package so I think it's appropriate. However, when I came back to the game, there's nothing in it. I already click "enable" in the game, I even logged out and logged in to see changes but it didn't. 

I'm so desperate right now. I hope this reach you. Thank you in advance.

Btw, I'm using iMac with MacOS Big Sur in case you wanna know.

Message 67 of 107 (1,312 Views)

Champion

@annbui36 , in regards to "the developer cannot be verified" message are you running any kind of anti virus or firewall programs? Aspyr is most certainly a trusted developer and it sounds like perhaps one of your permissions may be set to blocking them. 

Have you been able to start the game at all and let it generate the information in the Sims 2 folder? I remember that if you've never gone into a neighborhood at all yet there was a message that said that files were generating. Not the messages like "Adding Weather" or "pets" ones. It was in a white window. 

Message 68 of 107 (1,323 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Tremayne, after hours of struggling I've finally found ways to add CC as well as run the body shop and package installer thanks to your suggestions about app blocking. And about the the sim 2 folder, it's actually not a folder but kind of an app (but it functions as a folder lmao) and I just clicked into it and found the downloads folder. OMG!! there's no words can express my gratitude to you, thank you so much for helping me. I'm enjoying this game very much. Thanks again Tremayne. Wish you all the best XOXO

Message 69 of 107 (1,310 Views)

Champion

@annbui36 I am so glad you got it to work!  Happy Simming!

Message 70 of 107 (1,301 Views)