Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

by cincygal419

Original Post

Re: Sims 2 MAC: how to install custom content

★★ Novice

Hello I was wondering if you could please help me. I have the sims 2 super collection (mac) and I did everything where I found the right folders and created a downloads one in the Sims 2 folder (never downloaded CC before). So i'm trying to use this custom skin i downloaded from modthesims, it ends in .package and i have both the body shop and the package installer, but I'm not sure what the next step is. I've enabled custom content in the game menu and ran it again but I don't see the skins at all. I'd really appreciate your help, thanks in advance!

Message 11 of 107 (4,714 Views)

★ Novice

@bobizkewl 
You might have the same issue I had before, the initial folder that everyone is talking about to go, for me never worked. Try deleting that downloads folder u initial made. And follow my steps:

home screen go to GO top left corner, when you click on it hold down OPTION key on ur keyboard then go to CONTAINERS folder, then look for a folder called com.aspry.sims2.appstore, the. DATA, LIBRARY, APPLICATION SUPPORT, ASPRY, THE SIMS 2, then create that downloads folder and try putting ur cc in it. And starting the game see if it in it. And make sure cc content is enabled on the game.
This is the steps I followed to add CC in mu game I hope it works for u. Let me know if it does or not. 

*note that I’m not a professional and I do not work for EA, I’m just a regular fan who is trying to help out*

Message 12 of 107 (4,686 Views)

Champion

@bobizkewl , when you download CC for Sims 2, the CC (unless otherwise noted by the creator) should show as the following formats ("CC name.sims2pack" or "CC name.package"). When you have the Aspyr Package Installer program loaded make sure it points directly to your Downloads folder in your Sims 2 folder. The Sims 2 files for the Mac are hidden in your Library folder instead of in the Documents folder.

To find your Library folder, click on your Desktop, find the "Go" command at the top in the Finder, hold your cursor button over Go and press the Option key on  your keyboard and Library will show when you do that. Scroll through the Library folders until you find one called "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore" and open the folder. You should see two files in there and open the Data File. From there, locate another file named "Library" and then in that file you should should find another Aspyr folder which when opened will reveal the Sims 2 folder (exactly like the original game and on the Windows side). From there check to see if you have a folder named "Downloads" and if you do not, simply create one. This is where all your CC and Mods will be stored.

My advice is to organize your CC into categories within this folder once you get it up and running.

If your CC has the ".sims2pack" extension, you will have to use the Package Installer to "uncompress" the file to now show the ".Package" extension. All CC in the game must have the ".package" extension to run.

Please let me know if this works for you. I copy and pasted this from the first page of this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 107 (4,668 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi thanks for helping out! I did those same steps already like I was able to locate that Sims 2 folder using that command in Go from Finder, I made the downloads folder and added the four skins that end in ".package". They're in there and like I booted up the game and went to the menu to enable CC but I don't get a startup message that I have CC, I don't even know if that is something that should happen, I went to CAS to see if they showed up and nothing. How does one check if they're successfully added in game? Or what should I try to ensure that they are? 

Message 14 of 107 (4,646 Views)

Champion

@bobizkewl , once you enable the CC option, you need to quit out of the game and then restart it for the changes to take affect. Start you game up and see if you get the message about having CC installed and you should see the option to enable has been checked.

Message 15 of 107 (4,635 Views)

★★ Novice

I restarted my game after enabling CC and nothing shows up. 

Message 16 of 107 (4,616 Views)

Champion

@bobizkewl , can you take a screenshot of your Downloads folder showing the contents? 

Message 17 of 107 (4,599 Views)

★★ Novice

Sure thing! 

Message 18 of 107 (4,597 Views)

Champion

@bobizkewl , looks like everything is good to go there. Next, I'd like for you to go into CAS and look at the skin tones available. If they have a "*" by them, then those are your skin colors that you added to the game and you're good to go.

Message 19 of 107 (4,559 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi took another screenshot, I see the symbol for CC and the regular skins that come in the game, I don't see the other ones?

Message 20 of 107 (4,518 Views)