Re: Sims 2 Expansion Packs Windows 10?

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Expansion Packs Windows 10?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently found my old sims 2 collection, I installed and ran the base game fine on my windows 10 PC, however when you try to install an expansion pack, it gets to 100%, tries to update and fails then uninstalls itself. I have searched the internet for solutions and have tried them all but to no avail. Annoying as I have all of the expansion and stuff packs!

I tried to contact EA help on live chat but was cut off after 10 minutes of waiting, then I tried to phone them and nobody picked up for half an hour when the wait time was supposed to be 6 minutes. I then went back and requested a call back with was a waiting time of 2 minutes, an hour later they call me and cut me off after 10 seconds, so no luck there at all! And for some reason the live chat option is not available to me anymore.

I saw that a while back they released an 'ultimate collection' and I was wondering if there is still a way to purchase this? Maybe as it is a digital copy there wont be the same problem?

Any help would be appreciated as the sims 2 is such a special game to me, and is definitely my favourite out of them all!

Message 1 of 3 (5,714 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @oOopsRebeccaOoo,

I'm sorry to read you are not having the best experience when trying to contact our advisers on the phone, something seems to be going wrong with those calls! Frown

Do you have a Twitter or Facebook account? If so, you could try to reach them there: Twitter or Facebook. Our advisers might be able to turn your physical copies of the game into digital, which as you say should be easier to install - they are downloaded through Origin.

Please, let us know if you are still having issues to contact EA Help, and welcome to the forums!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (6,049 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @oOopsRebeccaOoo,

I'm sorry to read you are not having the best experience when trying to contact our advisers on the phone, something seems to be going wrong with those calls! Frown

Do you have a Twitter or Facebook account? If so, you could try to reach them there: Twitter or Facebook. Our advisers might be able to turn your physical copies of the game into digital, which as you say should be easier to install - they are downloaded through Origin.

Please, let us know if you are still having issues to contact EA Help, and welcome to the forums!

-Mai

Message 2 of 3 (6,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i found a fix i was trying to install the sims 2 store edition last night on my legit special dvd edition copy i got for my 30th birthday which was yesterday the main reason i wanted it was nostalgia i played it a lot on my second computer i ever owned which was a pc the first one was a slot loading grape Imac g3 hope this helps anyone else looking to fix the problem I will be testing it before i put this on the forums just follow the instructions on the website heres the link 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-to-install-the-sims-2-expansi...

Message 3 of 3 (4,863 Views)