Sims 2 Double Deluxe won't install

by brittanycurry93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Double Deluxe won't install

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased the Sims 2 Double Deluxe game and it won't install. I purchased it from Amazon brand new. Everytime i try to install it, this comes up : A probolem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'E:\Support\cs' from the media. I have no idea how to fix it or what could be causing this to happen. Please help!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8 (6,716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Double Deluxe won't install

Community Manager

You can always redeem your Sims 2 games in Origin and then download and install them from there.

Read here how to do that: http://help.ea.com/en/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,954 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You can always redeem your Sims 2 games in Origin and then download and install them from there.

Read here how to do that: http://help.ea.com/en/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 8 (6,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Those links do not work anymore and I am having the same issue, keeps getting stuck at 39% when trying to install Frown what can I do to get the game?

Message 3 of 8 (6,216 Views)

Champion

@KerryMcL1994 , EA announced last October that they would no longer "support" a digital version of Sims 2. Do you already have a digital copy and are trying to get the game to install? Or do you have it on disk?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 8 (6,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have it on disk and feel I have shot myself in the foot for not getting a digital copy 😭 The paricular file causing me grief is salsa.package 

Message 5 of 8 (6,203 Views)

Champion

@KerryMcL1994 , try to do the following to install the game.

1) Try copying the setup files to your Desktop and try to install running as the Administrator using Administrator Privileges.

2) To Install, right click on the setup files and select the "Run as Administrator" option to install the game.

3) You can also try to install the game in compatibility mode.

4) Right click on the game setup file and select Properties.

5) Click on the compatibility tab and select either Windows 7 or Windows XP.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 8 (6,175 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem 

Message 7 of 8 (3,326 Views)

Hero
@tweetybird8894 Can you give some more details? Are you able to start the installation? Does it stall at a certain point?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (3,318 Views)