Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 2 Double Deluxe disk won't load

by ladyondemove

Original Post

Sims 2 Double Deluxe disk won't load

★★ Newbie

I purchased Sims 2 Double Deluxe 4 times since 2008.Game was working fine,now when I put DVD in, it will not load.The launcher will load, but when clicking PLAY, it does nothing. I hit run and it asks for installation code.  Why, when it's already installed?  I refuse to purchase another DVD.  I have had the same problem with DVDs not working.  No it's not my laptop.  I just purchased this laptop and installed Sims 2 on it 6 months ago.  This is the 4th DVD!  Three times it has cost me $49.99 plus tax, the last time the DVD cost me $25 plus tax.  I tried to go to the sims2.com site but it isn't accessible.  I have been trying to contact you all since November 2012.  I have even called  650-628-1905 several time and each time I am told the wait time is 74 minutes or more.  This is ridiculous!  I shouldn't have to wait this long for help or access the internet and find no help.  I shouldn't have to keep paying hard earned money for DVDs that mysteriously stop working for no reason.  This is the precise reason, I refuse to buy the Sims 3!  I have spent close to $200 for the same DVD that keeps giving me the same problem of having to reinstall a game that is already installed and completely start the game all over from scratch!  When I search the internet I find others with this problem but no one has an answer.  I trust you have a remedy.  I refuse to purchase another DVD.  Also the same thing with open for business.  I purchased this game, installed it, and it gave me an error about disk.  My pc is Dell Inspiron, I am using Windows 7 and my laptop is a 64 bit.  I have the sims 2 expansion pack installed.  The sims 2 is installed, University is installed, nightlife (not the trial version) is installed and seasons, but non of these games are playable unless Sims 2 can load.  I have spent over $500 dollars on Sims 2 and expansions. You can righlty see why I am upset!  I need answers and remedies FAST!!!

email address vejai2@yahoo.com

~Vertha

Message 1 of 2 (1,288 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Double Deluxe disk won't load

★★★★ Novice

I'm have same problems with my exp packs when I got mine double pack  the install code the back of the instruction booklet was saying it the wrong code so I went the www.ea.com and contact them and that where I found the code that will install the game but I can't get my exp pack if you have the the Sims 2 game come out 2007/2008 before the the sims2  exp pact come out the they will work I try mind and exp pack won't work with double pack  night life and party stuff disk

Message 2 of 2 (1,272 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help