Re: Sims 2 Code with no disk?

by aprilraven

Original Post

Sims 2 Code with no disk?

★ Novice

Hey all, 

So I'm pretty sure this has been asked a billion times but it's so hard to go through all the past posts and find accurate up to date answers, so I'm just posting this in hopes of getting a proper answer. I bought a new laptop a few months ago and I've been playing with the Sims 4 and Sims 3, both of which I have every single expansion for, and I just got a bit nostalgic and wanted to have a bit of a throwback moment and play some Sims 2. Now I have all the games and codes, but I have somehow managed to lost the disk for the base game. Have all the other disks. Just no disk for the base game. Go figure. I've tried to redeem the code in Origin, but no luck. Just tells me that the code is not valid. It seems like I have unfortunately missed the promotional period for the Ultimate Collection. So I have to ask, is there any way for to play this beloved game again with my current codes and not have to repurchase them all? (I'm not even sure you can still play the game with these copies?)

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 4 (440 Views)

Champion

@DaniJ95 , you can play the game with disks, but you most definitely will need a copy of the Base Game disk. Have you checked your disk cases you did find to see if your copy of Base game might be in one of those. Just a thought. 

I just checked Amazon and copies of Base game are still available. Just in case. However, you might be able to contact EA CD disk replacement to get a copy of the base game. Otherwise, you may just have to buy a new copy. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (415 Views)

★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 wrote:

@DaniJ95 , you can play the game with disks, but you most definitely will need a copy of the Base Game disk. Have you checked your disk cases you did find to see if your copy of Base game might be in one of those. Just a thought. 

I just checked Amazon and copies of Base game are still available. Just in case. However, you might be able to contact EA CD disk replacement to get a copy of the base game. Otherwise, you may just have to buy a new copy. 

Yep, checked that. I legit have a whole box just filled with my Sims game. The original Sims game and all the expansions, my empty Sims 2 base game along with all the expansions, Sims 3 with all the expansions, Sims 4 with all the expansions. All of them. Checked every single one and I have all the disc except for the base game of Sims 2.

I live in Australia and currently the cheapest I could find the Sims 2 base game on Amazon was $46 plus shipping, which was $26. I'm seriously not going to pay that much for a game I already have and have had for years just because I lost the disc.

I did contact the customer service and they were not helpful at all, so I guess I just won't be playing!

Message 3 of 4 (409 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DaniJ95 Just a quick look through ebay, I saw several base game copies going for fairly cheap if you wanted to check that out.
Message 4 of 4 (379 Views)