Re: Sims 2 Camera & snapshots don't work

by BiiaDen

Original Post

Sims 2 Camera & snapshots don't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been running Sims 2 (Ultimate Collection) on my Windows 7 laptop happily for several months without any problems. Now, all of a sudden, I am unable to take camera snapshots. I press 'C' on the keyboard (or click on the camera icon), I hear a click and see a flash, but when I open my family album (Story Mode – F4) there is no new photo there. All the old snapshots and associated text is still there though. The problem happens in all neighbourhoods and all households. Upon inspection, the picture does not appear in the Storytelling directory in the My Documents folder either.

I tried testing video capture as well but that no longer works either. I get the error message: "Error recording video capture file. Your movie could not be written to disk. Check to make sure you have enough disk space and correct read/write permissions". I have 166 GB of free space on the hard drive, and the read/write permissions have not been changed.

If I try take a picture with Luminous Pro Antique Camera ( Artist Career Reward) and put it on the wall appear the last photo i took. I save the game files and I reinstall it . I put the files again in the game but I have the same problem.

HELP ME PLISSS!

Message 1 of 13 (3,416 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @BiiaDen,

Sorry for the late reply, do you still have this issue?

If so, as you already reinstalled the game, I would suggest to try this, for testing purposes:

1. Close the game if opened.
  2. Move your The Sims 2 Ultimate collection folder from Documents to another location (like your desktop).
  3. Open the game so it creates a new folder. Your neighbourhoods will have been reset, but don't worry, your Sims are safe in the folder you just moved.
  4. Try to take a snapshot now.

Does it work now, with this clean folder the game just created?

We will decide what to do next depending on the result of this test Wink

-Mai

Message 2 of 13 (3,375 Views)

★★★ Novice
I do not remember exactly what I did, but I think I reinstalled the game and started again without problems. But now I have another problem with the camera. When I take a picture, my game freeze. Not always . If I recently opened the game and tried to take a picture, it works. But if I'm in the game for a while, it does not work anymore.
Message 3 of 13 (3,142 Views)

★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem but your solution didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore. I tried to re-install the game : no success.... Disappointed

Message 4 of 13 (2,732 Views)

★★★ Novice

For me it worked because I deleted all my files. This means I lost all my families and I started again. If you want the same go to Documents/EA Games and delete 'Sims 2' folder. If you do that when you open the game you will lost everything.

Message 5 of 13 (2,711 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that too. snapshots still doesn't work. worse : in all neighborhood (installed by the game), none of the story pictures appear anymore.

I try re-installing the game a second time. maybe an error of intallation copying the file that manage that fonction... If only I knew what files are buging, I could replace them by files that exist on my CDs of the game.

Message 6 of 13 (2,708 Views)

Champion

@Alienurse , try a couple of things. First of all drag your existing Sims 2 folder (Documents > EA Games > Sims 2) to your Desktop, but do not delete it. Next, start the game up and allow a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Remember none of your saved games will be present at this time. This should generate a new set of blank neighborhoods (meaning all the pre-made sims are back to square one) and you should see the stories associated with each neighborhood return.

Something I always did was after I finished playing for a while, was go back into the Sims 2 folder and delete the Accessory.cache which will regenerate next time you play. This can become corrupt and may be affecting the camera controls. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 13 (2,697 Views)

★★ Novice

like I said, i tried THAT already and that's when i realized that stories aren't charged in the "new" folders.

Message 8 of 13 (2,694 Views)

★★ Novice

I finally fixed it : i had a copy of my old S2 Deluxe edition Cds. I copied sevrals confing files to my Documents/EA Games/ folder and some in Program Files/Sims2 Ultimate/Sims 2/ folders.

Message 9 of 13 (2,688 Views)

Champion

What about deleting your Accessory.cache file?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 13 (2,682 Views)