Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims 2 CC

by Trisha998

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 CC

★★★★ Novice

Hi I decided to play the sims 2 yesterday because I haven't done that in a while, I'm kinda confused about the cc, what's the difference when an item is a custom download or a default download?

Message 1 of 3 (180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Trisha998 , welcome back to Sims 2. To answer your question, default downloads quite often are required to run certain pieces of CC and may overwrite normal Sims 2 content. For example, someone may "improve" textures on a certain countertop and their CC will become the "default" countertop instead of the normal Sims 2 countertops. Quite often these may conflict with other pieces of CC as they may use the same resources in the game. 

Hope this answers your question.

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (155 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Trisha998 , welcome back to Sims 2. To answer your question, default downloads quite often are required to run certain pieces of CC and may overwrite normal Sims 2 content. For example, someone may "improve" textures on a certain countertop and their CC will become the "default" countertop instead of the normal Sims 2 countertops. Quite often these may conflict with other pieces of CC as they may use the same resources in the game. 

Hope this answers your question.

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Ohh okay thank you

Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help