Sims 2 Body Shop won't open to me anymore.

by ChrisinLiberty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Body Shop won't open to me anymore.

★★★★ Novice

Good evening, EA Answers community.

I've been having issues with opening and running The Sims 2 Body Shop lately. Sims 2 Bodyshop won't open to me anymore; it always leading to a white screen and a blank error.

I tried a few solutions, like running the game in compatibility mode. It didn't work. I also took out the content of my downloads folder thinking it might've been some faulty CC; it didn't solve the problem, either. I tried deleting the cache files and no luck, either.

Is there a solution to this matter with The Sims 2 Body Shop not opening? It came with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection years ago.

Best regards,

- Christian

Message 1 of 5 (2,421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Body Shop won't open to me anymore.

Hero

@ChrisinLiberty The only other troubleshooting step I can think of is using SimsNetwork's Graphics Rules Maker. It is commonly used for The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories games, but it does have support for BodyShop too.

Once you install it, launch it as Administrator, and in the Game drop-down menu, select The Sims 2 Body Shop.

Force texture memory to 1024MB and tick every box, then save the changes.

Let me know if that does anything.

I have to point out that, by default, my installation of Graphics Rules Maker could not locate BodyShop as it kept looking for the EP99 folder, which is for TS2 Store Edition (not included in Ultimate Collection). If that happens, click Browse and navigate to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\ folder, but do not enter the CSBin folder.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,339 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ChrisinLiberty Please start a new Sims 2 user folder to check if it will open in a fresh environment.

Go to Documents\EA Games\ and move The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder to your desktop. Then try launching BodyShop as Administrator.

Message 2 of 5 (2,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried that; I moved my Sims 2 User Folder to a new one, and launched Body Shop. The program still gives me the blank error, even after launching it as an administrator.

Message 3 of 5 (2,362 Views)

Hero

@ChrisinLiberty The only other troubleshooting step I can think of is using SimsNetwork's Graphics Rules Maker. It is commonly used for The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories games, but it does have support for BodyShop too.

Once you install it, launch it as Administrator, and in the Game drop-down menu, select The Sims 2 Body Shop.

Force texture memory to 1024MB and tick every box, then save the changes.

Let me know if that does anything.

I have to point out that, by default, my installation of Graphics Rules Maker could not locate BodyShop as it kept looking for the EP99 folder, which is for TS2 Store Edition (not included in Ultimate Collection). If that happens, click Browse and navigate to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\ folder, but do not enter the CSBin folder.

Message 4 of 5 (2,340 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It worked! Thank you so much for the troubleshooting step. My BodyShop now works perfectly!

Message 5 of 5 (2,273 Views)