Re: Sims 2 Apartment life not installing after removal for M&G Stuff

by mate54

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Apartment life not installing after removal for M&G Stuff

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Help! I got all of the EPs (but apartment life) and 2 stuff packs last month, and got the rest of the EPs and stuff packs (but mansion & garden stuff) 3 weeks ago. They all downloaded nicely, except when Ikea home stuff and kitchen & bath said that pets needed to be removed. After that, I downloaded Apartment Life, and then pets. 3 days ago I got Mansion & Garden stuff (M&G for short) and when I tried to install it, it said that Apartment Life needed to be removed in order for it to install. I removed Apartment Life, and downloaded M&G, and installed Apartment life after that, and then it updated. After that, it said that there was an error when trying to install Apartment Life. I want to have Ultimate Collection, but I didn't have the chance to get it from Origin a few years ago. Help? Anyone? **EDIT** I have a windows 10.

Message 1 of 14 (2,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sims2isperfectIf you already have M&G Stuff installed, leave it installed. Try to install Apartment Life now (after M&G is installed) and see if it tries to install a patch automatically. You cannot install the patch anyway until AL is installed as well.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (2,444 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sims2isperfectCan you elaborate about the "needs to remove" message? Does it happen when the installer starts? Do you have a screenshot of it? That is definitely something that should not happen.

Additionally, can you please list every pack that you currently have installed, and if you have any bundles/collections among those?

Message 2 of 14 (2,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@mate54 I dont have a screenshot. Don't have any collections. It installs and updates normally, and at the end it says 'There was a problem installing Apartment Life' and it deletes everything Frown I really want Apartments in the game. *EDIT* I have everything, but Apartment Life installed.

Message 3 of 14 (2,485 Views)

Hero
@sims2isperfect Try installing The Sims 2 Apartment Life patch before you install Mansion & Garden Stuff.
As far as I remember, Mansion & Garden will attempt to install the AL patch automatically, which might lead to the problem you have if the patch crashes. So installing the patch on its own will at least keep you safe from removing Apartment Life if the patch fails.

Message 4 of 14 (2,477 Views)

★★★ Novice

@mate54 My game is fully patched, because 2 stuff packs said that Pets had to be re-installed and before it I downloaded Apartment life. I patched the game fully, because Pets said i need to. Do I need to remove the Apartment Life patch and re-install it? I removed Apartment Life in order to download M&G, and tried to install Apartment Life, and then it had that error. When I first installed Apartment Life, it had no problems like that.

Message 5 of 14 (2,467 Views)

Hero
@sims2isperfect What kind of error do you get when you try to install Apartment Life?
Yes, you should try to install the Apartment Life Patch before you try installing Mansion & Garden Stuff. If you have any other packs that have patches, you might want to patch those as well, just to be safe.

Message 6 of 14 (2,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@mate54 It just deletes the process of installment after the update, not sure if it's normal. So should I uninstall and reinstall the Apartment Life patch?? Also, right now I have M&G stuff installed, but Apartment Life isn't. I need Apartments in order to have the Ultimate Collection. I have all of the patches including the Apartment Life one.

Message 7 of 14 (2,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sims2isperfectIf you already have M&G Stuff installed, leave it installed. Try to install Apartment Life now (after M&G is installed) and see if it tries to install a patch automatically. You cannot install the patch anyway until AL is installed as well.

Message 8 of 14 (2,445 Views)

★★★ Novice

@mate54 How do I know if the patch is auto-installed?

Message 9 of 14 (2,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

@mate54 OK, I'm gonna try that soon

Message 10 of 14 (2,428 Views)