Re: Sims 1 not working on windows 7

by Panda14616

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 1 not working on windows 7

★★★ Newbie
I've managed to download it perfectly where the menu does pop up with music. However when I press play the menu disappears and the game doesn't pop up at all. I've checked that I have all the requirements but I'm stuck as to what to do any help?
Message 1 of 8 (17,765 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Hey I finally managed it, go to updates remove the update KB3086255, stop auto update of system and restart. When computer comes back on check it’s not there and should work.has been for me since

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (18,213 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @geneva9740,

You could try to run the game in compatibility mode with Windows XP. To do so, right click on the game shortcut in your desktop and select Properties. Then go to Compatibility tab and check the box to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

Good luck!

Mai

Message 2 of 8 (19,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi unfortunatly this hasn’t helped any other ideas? I click the game and a loading wheel pops up next to my curser then it goes away, and nothing happens 😡
Message 3 of 8 (15,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey I finally managed it, go to updates remove the update KB3086255, stop auto update of system and restart. When computer comes back on check it’s not there and should work.has been for me since
Message 4 of 8 (18,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have tried that Frown I have managed to hide the update today so it shouldn’t come back and I need to work out how to unintsall the game as it’s refusing to uninstall Frown
Message 5 of 8 (15,840 Views)

★★ Apprentice

To uninstall the game fully you need to run sims eraser found on any expansion pack disk from superstar on.

Message 6 of 8 (15,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I did that too but it still did not work
Message 7 of 8 (13,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you uninstall the update and restart the computer also don’t forget to click on the sims instead of waiting for the cd to load automatically. That’s the only thing that worked for me

Message 8 of 8 (13,210 Views)