Re: (SOLVED) Sims medieval unable to start game

by stbnchristine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(SOLVED) Sims medieval unable to start game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I downloaded The Sims Medieval Deluxe Pack on origin, and both the special edition and pirates and nobles downloaded fine, but after I tried playing the game I got the error: service initialization failed 0x039e8474. So I searched what the problem was and people told me to uninstall the pirate's expansion and just leave the base game, so I did that but instead, I got another error: Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). I've uninstalled both games then reinstalled still didn't work, uninstalled and reinstalled origin, tried to repair the game, and update the game. My mac is a macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6/MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017). I added some screenshots of the errors. I think it could be that my laptop is too new, but I haven't tested this theory out yet.

Message 1 of 6 (11,184 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims medieval unable to start game

★★★ Novice

(Solved)

All I had to was install both of the games, then repair and update, then I was able to play.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (11,135 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims medieval unable to start game

★★★ Novice

(Solved)

All I had to was install both of the games, then repair and update, then I was able to play.

Message 2 of 6 (11,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, also tried all the things you listed, nothing worked. 

I just bought the game and I'm desperately trying to make the game work, what do I have to do?

I tried deleting Origin and reinstall it again, I tried everything, but nothing seems to work...

My mac is a MacOS Mojave, the newest version, if that helps...

Message 3 of 6 (10,936 Views)

Champion

@Jenni-Mich This is copied from another post I wrote on a similar subject. I would uninstall Sims Medieval and reset Origin before trying these steps. Make sure to do a manual uninstall like Sims 3 as both games share a similar architecture. https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

"You wanted to know the steps that @tygereyes812 took to fix their game. I have copied their response from their post and will break it out into steps for you.

"I was able to fix it by first installing everything, then repairing origin, and then installing the base game alone (which gave me a different error code frequently mentioned on the boards here). After that I repaired origin again, launched the game to get the error code, disabled origin in-game while the error code window was opened, closed the error window, repaired origin a third time, downloaded Pirates and Nobles to get the original "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)" error code, repaired origin a 4th time, cleared the cache one last time, and launched the game successfully. "

1) Install the game.

2) Repair Origin. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

3) Install Base game alone.

4) Repair Origin again.

5) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

6) Repair Origin for a third time.

7) Download and install Pirates and Nobles.

8) Repair Origin for a fourth time and clear the cache files one more time.

Note: Files to clear all end in "cache" and there should be three of them. "

Please advise if this works for you or not. We may need your computer specs found under the Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner labeled "About This Mac". DO NOT include your serial number.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 6 (10,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much, I will definitely try these steps!

Adios

Message 5 of 6 (10,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had this problem today.  Looked at several threads and tried many things. This posting was the best explained, documented and it actually fixed my problem.  I did not do all of those steps. The one thing that did the trick was resetting origin. I uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times but that is really not the same resetting or clean uninstall, which involves clearing some cache files located outside the applications folder.

If you follow the link provided above the reset tool is kind of hidden under a "more +" link in the text.  Here is the direct link to the tool:  Download the Reset Origin tool This did the trick and didn't affect my sims 4 or medieval game files.  

Message 6 of 6 (10,800 Views)