[SOLUTION] No Neighborhoods to pick from

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [INFORMATION REQUEST] No Neighborhoods to pick from

★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I was asking around for help because I could not see my custom houses I downloaded but I fixed it. Here's what you do right click on the downloaded house and go to properties a box will pop up and go to change when you do it will let you change how you download your cc houses, change it to the game pack installer and bam you can download cc houses again. Clean installer won't work for some reason. I hope this helped. Happy simming peeps. :womanlol:

Message 71 of 108 (1,194 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ulitmate Collection Neighbourhoods Missing

★ Novice

same problem.
and i have an warning when launching game saying im getting out of disk space, when i have around 200 gigs of free space.
i still click to continue, takes a bit to load game, and then i have same issue as xX420sm0kNugZXx no neighbourhoods to start with.
downloaded a neighbouhood mod, but i also noticed i dont have any EA games folder in my documents, hence no way to copy the mod to mods folder. stuck with it. already unistalled and installed game again, and removed read only attributes from origin games folder, no sucess.

Message 72 of 108 (1,217 Views)

★ Novice

I only have 3 neighborhoods and miss 3 of them including Belladonna Cove

Message 73 of 108 (1,210 Views)

Hero

@xrawritzjess wrote:

I'm going to do that too! I'm suspecting thats the reason why my game doesn't work since my system locale is also set to Japanese!

To change your system locale: (I am on Windows 7)

You go to the following

1. Control Panel
  2. Clock, Language, and Region
  3. Click "Change the date, time, or number format" under "Region and Language"
  4. A menu should show up, click the last tab "Administrative"
  5. Click "change system locale"

I manually changed my system locale to Japan/Japanese beforehand (was playing other games), usually your system locale's default should be to English/USA so this solution may or may not work for you. Also when you change your system locale you will need to restart your system.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Okay so after I changed my system locale, TS2 worked! The neighborhood showed up, and the previous folders that wasn't in my documents were there too Standard smile

Thank you. I've added that to the first post as well. I can only accept one solution but hopefully people can pick the solution they like better

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 108 (1,188 Views)

Hero

@Sarumies Please try either of the two solutions provided in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 108 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also got a friend to send over his Sims 2 folder located in My Documents. When I tried using that it didn't work as well. I've already tried Reinstalling the game but the issue is still existant.

Message 76 of 108 (1,191 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] No Neighborhoods to pick from

Hero

@dj_marko @ApocRainbow Moved your thread here. Please refer to the first post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 77 of 108 (1,171 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't even get past the "Fun with Pets" screen.

Message 78 of 108 (1,141 Views)

Hero

Be patient. It can take up to 20 min for the first load

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 108 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice
  • What country/language did you download the game?

English US (there wasn't a UK version)

• What country/language is your Windows Operating system ?

English

• Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder

No

• Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ?

Never had it on this computer before DX

Also I'm on Windows 8 

Message 80 of 108 (1,081 Views)