[SOLUTION] No Neighborhoods to pick from

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [INFORMATION REQUEST] No Neighborhoods to pick from

Hero

@xDickey wrote:

So you have two Windows Versions installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 108 (2,054 Views)

★ Novice
What country/language did you download the game?------ US English (since UK English doesn't seem to be an option) What country/language is your Windows Operating system ?------ English 64x Win 7. I am running non-unicode programs under Japanese language (system locale) but that should not in anyway affect anything other than Japanese non-unicode based programs. Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder ------ No and no. Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ?------ No, hasn't been installed in years. (new HDD)
Message 32 of 108 (2,054 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I have both English and Japanese installed. 

Message 33 of 108 (2,047 Views)

★★ Novice
  • What country/language did you download the game? English, US
  • What country/language is your Windows Operating system ? English, US
  • Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder? No. That folder doesn't exist.
  • Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ? Yes. 
Message 34 of 108 (2,041 Views)

Hero

@Dragonbrad90 Are you in the US ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 108 (2,031 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I am.

Message 36 of 108 (2,030 Views)

★ Novice
Aye, the documents folder hasn't been made for me. I tried just now to reinstall The Sims 2 UC again, but before hand i made the EA games/ Sims2 folder just like you show in that image (even the superscript TM icon). no luck. It just doesn't seem to even see it.
Message 37 of 108 (1,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Mine is already install in English. I've been using the English version all the time. So d6oes the Origin.

My computer is running Win7 in Chinese.
Message 38 of 108 (1,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • What country/language did you download the game?
  • What country/language is your Windows Operating system ?
  • Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder (or similar)
  • Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ?

1. Taiwan/Traditional Chinese

2. Taiwan/Traditional Chinese (Windows 7 64bit)

3. I don't have that folder, but when I found no neighborthoods can play, I tried create one like this: "documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\neighborthhood", and copy neighborhood folders from the UC ( including N001, N002, N003, Tutorial folder, and NeighborhoodManager.package from "Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods" ), and still no neighborhoods can pick. I also tried "documents\ea games\the sims2\neighborthhood", and same result.

4. No, I install the UC in my new computer, it didn't install the Sims 2.

Message 39 of 108 (1,976 Views)

★★ Novice

Same. 

• What country/language did you download the game?
    English (US)
  • What country/language is your Windows Operating system ?
    Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
  • Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder (or similar)
    No, I cannot find any folder named the sims2 ultimate colletion. 
  • Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ?
    At the first time I haven't uninstalled the Sims 2 before installing the UC, but then I unintalled both UC and the Sims 2, and reinstalled UC again. However, there are still no neighborhoods to pick from. 
Message 40 of 108 (1,961 Views)