Original Post

Re: The SIms 2 Ultimate Collection No Neighborhoods

★★★ Newbie

:womansad:

Message 101 of 108 (1,494 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] No Neighborhoods to pick from

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I already had reloaded the game and just edited the registry to remove the "TM", and still have no joy.  I do have one neighborhood, Desiderata Valley, but no others show up.  I have a backup of Strangetown, so, once restored it should become visible. 

I want to play Belladonna Cove and Pleasantview and none of those are available.  The reason I reloaded my Ultimate Collection is because my unplayed neighborhoods had either disappeared or had no terrain showing for the hoods on the chooser.

I thought this problem was because I have a lot of backups on The Cloud and it was full. I cleaned up Cloud, and sadly, it did not fix the problem.  

Here is another concern: Windows is slowly downloading everything to get my machine ready for Windows 10 launch in July, 2015.  Might this be the issue?

Is anyone else still having this issue on Windows 8.1/64-bit machines? What else should I do to fix this issue?  

Message 102 of 108 (1,454 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Had this issue as well after years of the game running fine. Tried the 'change system locale' and now its running again. Glad people here had a solution as EA no longer supports this game and will not assist you with troubleshooting issues.

Message 103 of 108 (1,300 Views)

★ Novice

Can anyone please explain how I can fix this if I can't find the Wow6432Node and the picture that MMJJSense uploaded looks nothing like what I see when I open the Sims 2 folder

Message 104 of 108 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict i tryed excactly what you told... but it still empty!!!!!!
Message 105 of 108 (855 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, sorry for my bad english (I'm french)

I have tried everything who was said here and nothing helps : After every new installation, the folders were empty (and the game crashes every every time the screen with "Pets"' was loading)... but I have finally found the solution !!

Delete the sims, but make sure you have deleted EVERYTHING (no ea games folders in your Documents, no folders in the disc C) and then, before you install again the sims 2 UC : turn your antivirus off !!! I mean every options !

In my case, it was actually the antivirus which did not allow all the components of the sims 2 to install

It had nothing to do with the "tm" and the systeme language

Message 106 of 108 (700 Views)

Champion

@laparisienne123 , actually you simply need to move the Sims 2 folder (found Documents > EA Games > Sims 2) to your Desktop. Do not copy and paste or create a shortcut, actually move the folder. This will insure that your saved games (if you have any) and CC are safe. Next, you start up your game to allow for the game to generate a new folder. Check to make sure all of the Neighborhoods appear and start a new game and play for about an hour to insure that nothing else is wrong with the game. You shouldn't have to simply delete the folder, just moving it insures that the game will return to the "vanilla" state. 

This works for both the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin and games run from the disk. I didn't know about the antivirus, but I will certainly alert folks in the future. Thanks for your information as it will aid other players in the future.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 107 of 108 (683 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone. 

Since this is a super old thread I've gone ahead and locked it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please create a new thread when you've got a chance so we can take a look. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 108 of 108 (668 Views)