Re: [INFORMATION REQUEST] No Neighborhoods to pick from - How To Fix?...!

by MMJJSense

Original Post

Re: [INFORMATION REQUEST] No Neighborhoods to pick from

★★ Novice

- The game in Thai. I downloaded it in Thailand

- My window operates in English.

- No, I don't have the follwing folder. This is what I have : document > origin > and plenty of things in there but I see no file indicating Sims 2 u;timate collection.

- I didn't have the Sims 2 on my computer.

However, I have read from the comments above saying that the problem can be solved by install the base game, which in case, I have a physical copy (CD) with me. Should I try installing it ?!

Message 41 of 108 (3,236 Views)

★★ Novice
Guys!!!
The problem of missing neighborhood can be solved by installing the base Sims 2. I just installed the physical copy(CD) and it works! The game is awesome that I don't know where to start lol.

Just one more question: how can I choose specific content to play. I mean if I want to play only Apartment Life, is it possible to do so since now it seems like every episode, every content is all in there at once. I experience some slowness but that ok.

Hope this helps.
Ps. Thank you so much, EA. My computer is so obsolete that I cannot play any sims game further than The Sims 2. Now I'm so delightful. Big hugs to you guys.
Message 42 of 108 (3,225 Views)

★★ Novice
I already have The Sims 2 deluxe installed before I download and install TS2UC.

Do you mean I have uninstall my original game, download and install TS2UC first, then install TS2 deluxe?
Message 43 of 108 (3,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

• What country/language did you download the game? = Thailand/Thai
  • What country/language is your Windows Operating system ? Thailand/Thai
  • Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder (or similar) // No. I don't.
  • Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ? // The Sims 2 Base Game, All Expansion and Stuff Packs.

จริงๆปัญหานี้ผมลบเกมทั้งหมด และรื้อรีจิสตรีออกหมดแล้ว ลงใหม่หลายรอบก็เหมือนเดิม และเปลี่ยนภาษาเป็นอังกฤษแล้วลงใหม่ก็เหมือนเดิมอีก

I think The Sims 2 UC is a problem to install game completely. Before installed, I uninstall & clear registry The Sims 2 all game and Install The Sims 2 UC. But that problem are that same again. I changed language Origin to English and Install again. This problem that same again. // Sorry for my english.
Message 44 of 108 (3,206 Views)

★★ Novice
I honestly don't know. Here is what I did: I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin > I installed base game using CD
Message 45 of 108 (3,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@napatchar What is the folder in docs now called for you ?

Thanks for all the data guys. Since it's the weekend, there's no official word from EA on this yet but I'll hope we get someone from EA in here tomorrow. Please stay tuned.

Keep your ideas coming and you can subscripe to this thread from the menu at the top so you'll get an email if there are new answers in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 108 (3,189 Views)

★★ Novice

I downloaded the game and the neighborhood list is empty. Even I chose teach mode, it didn't work... : (

-What country/language did you download the game?  
Taiwan, Chinese.

-What country/language is your Windows Operating system ?

Taiwan, Chinese.

-Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder (or similar)

No, I didn't see the folder.

-Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ?

Yes. But when I found I can't play Ultimate collection, I uninstalled the whole sims2 games and download Ultimate collection again. But the result is the same.

Message 47 of 108 (3,168 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I can fix this problem now..!!

you need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Message 48 of 108 (27,041 Views)

★★ Novice

-What country/language did you download the game?  
English, US

-What country/language is your Windows Operating system ?

English? Running Japanese locale because of another game. It hasn't affected any other game I play so I don't see why it would affect this one.

-Do you have the following folder: documents\ea games\the sims2 ultimate colletion\ and if so, do you have any files in the neighborhood folder (or similar)

Nope.

-Did you have the Sims 2 on your computer and uninstall it before installing the UC ?

Yup, had Sims 2 and several expansions, uninstalled  them before I installed UC.

Message 49 of 108 (3,144 Views)

Hero

@MMJJSense wrote:

I can fix this problem now..!!

you need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Great thanks. I'll accept that as solution for now and add to the first page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 108 (3,140 Views)