Sims 2 UC neighborhood missing.

by darkestedge1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[SOLUTION] No Neighborhoods to pick from

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seems many people have issues that the neighborhood list is empty.

Please try these solutions

Backup your registry before attempting

@MMJJSense wrote:

I can fix this problem now..!!

you need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

Reg

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

@xrawritzjess wrote:

I'm going to do that too! I'm suspecting thats the reason why my game doesn't work since my system locale is also set to Japanese!

To change your system locale: (I am on Windows 7)

You go to the following

1. Control Panel
  2. Clock, Language, and Region
  3. Click "Change the date, time, or number format" under "Region and Language"
  4. A menu should show up, click the last tab "Administrative"
  5. Click "change system locale"

I manually changed my system locale to Japan/Japanese beforehand (was playing other games), usually your system locale's default should be to English/USA so this solution may or may not work for you. Also when you change your system locale you will need to restart your system.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 108 (51,778 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [INFORMATION REQUEST] No Neighborhoods to pick from - How To Fix?...!

★★★★★ Novice

I can fix this problem now..!!

you need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out... and the problem is solved...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

View in thread

Message 48 of 108 (27,042 Views)

All Replies

The SIms 2 Ultimate Collection No Neighborhoods

★★★ Newbie

When I open my game it loads just fine but when I get to the neighborhood loader screen the only option availabe is to create a custom neighborhood. Across the top it llists Home and Garden as the expansion but lists  different one on the buffering screen before it gets to the neighborhood picker screen. If I click the create custom neighborhood option the boxxes that would usually have the neighborhood elements are empty and the only thing that is clickable it the button to exit back to the neigborhood screen. I've tried uninstalling the Ultimate collection and then reinstalling it with no change. 

Message 1 of 108 (51,753 Views)
Highlighted

Sims 2 UC neighborhood missing.

★ Novice
Having recently downloaded and installed The Sims2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, i find that when i reach the tutorial/custom neighborhood screen, no neighborhoods exist. Attempting to play the tutorial causes a crash. I have looked into my documents but for some reason no Sims2 folder etc has been created so the place where neighborhoods and configs ect would be stored isnt there. I have tried checking updates, verifying the game and i've even uninstalled and redownloading/installed the game again yet the issue persists. I noticed that every time i run the game it pops up that i am running low on space, which is nonsense since i have over 60gb of free space on my HDD. Anybody also having this issue and are there any fixes?
Message 2 of 108 (51,867 Views)

Re: Sims 2 UC neighborhood missing.

★★★ Novice

I have a same problem too. I think the sims 2 UC is problem to completely install.

Message 3 of 108 (51,828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Many of us here in Thailand has this problem. Not enough space and missing neighborhood.

Message 4 of 108 (51,764 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes me too... it's seem that the problem is from the game installer.. not our computer

--------

เหมือนกันครับ... ปัญหามันน่าจะมาจากตัวเกมส์..ไม่ใช่จากคอมเรานะ.. ผมลองลงซ้ำ..ยังเจอปัญหาอยู่..

Message 5 of 108 (51,735 Views)

Re: Sims 2 ultimate collection not working

★★ Novice

Neither my TS2 Ultimate Collection is working on my laptop. There is no neighbourhood for me to choose, neither I can create one. It's all empty. I did backup following the guide online and restored my backups to the computer after installation. I wonder where have my files gone. :'(

Message 6 of 108 (51,670 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here having the same problem.

Message 7 of 108 (51,720 Views)

The sims 2 Ultimate collection no neighborhoods can play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

I installed The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection yesterday, but I found that no neighborhoods can select, and tutorial will crash at loading.

There are some people in same situation, we wonder what's wrong in TS2UC?

We only find expansion pack folder, no base game folder, I find a folder named "base", hide in "Double Deluxe" folder, and game launch refer to "Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.EXE".

Is the different language version make this error happen??

Message 8 of 108 (51,672 Views)

Cannot play The Sims 2 Ultimate collection

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have received The Sims 2 ultimate collection but I can't play it.

The household is empty. What should I do ?

or do I need the Sims 2 base game in order to play the ultimate collection one.

Message 9 of 108 (51,675 Views)