Reset Sims2 Ultimate Collection?

by FriendlyBlueBird

Original Post

Reset Sims2 Ultimate Collection?

★★★ Newbie

My computer crashed during a loading screen which resulted in an error.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again. However, nothing has changed.

All of the previous households are stilled saved and the error is also still there.

Tried the whole reinstallation again, but still the error stays.

Is there a way to install the game again and have it totally reset?

I don't really care about losing the saved households as long as I get

an error free game :/

Message 1 of 14 (17,572 Views)

Re: Reset Sims2 Ultimate Collection?

Community Manager

@FriendlyBlueBird Hi, this should be possible, yes. The game's save data is kept on another file away from the install, so reinstalling the game won't really affect it. 

You should be able to go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection and just delete the neighbourhoods, then start the game up and make a fresh one.

Thanks for the post, hopefully this helps to get things moving in the right direction. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 14 (17,560 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Go into your start menu at the bottom of that it has a search 

First uninstall your game..

Then type in "The Sims2" just like that and everything that is Sims2 related will come up..just start right click and delete them..restart your computer and do another search if it comes up empty then everything Sims2 related won't be there..redownload your game and it should reset..

Message 3 of 14 (17,546 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did this and now my neighborhoods are gone? Can someone help?

Message 4 of 14 (15,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont have the starter neighborhoods now i think i did something wrong. Please help! :-)

Message 5 of 14 (15,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if the game is on Origin, go into your game library, right click and select repair.Good luck

Message 6 of 14 (13,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay I FINALLY figured it out! Double click on Document, EA Games, Sims 2 Ultimate collection, Neighborhoods. Keep that window open. Now go into program files, origin games, sims 4, sims 2 ultimate collection, double deluxe, base, tsdata, res, userdata, Neighborhoods. copy and paste into proper location. 

Message 7 of 14 (13,748 Views)

★★★ Novice

so do you mean copy the neighborhood files from program files to the other one on documents? or the opposite

Message 8 of 14 (13,249 Views)

Champion

@Fruity_girl , actually what you need to do is to move the Sims 2 file from Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 to either your Desktop or to the trash. Personally, I would move it to the Desktop. Do not copy this file or create a shortcut. Move it out. Next start up your game. Sims 2 will generate a new copy of this file. Please note that this will start a totally vanilla version of the game without your previous saves, CC or mods present in the game. 

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 14 (13,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David My electronic arts folder only has the sims 4, my sims 2 super collection is not there
Message 10 of 14 (11,953 Views)