Re: Remastering The Sims 1

by ivrognard

Original Post

Remastering The Sims 1

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly, I just bought this game, very excited to play it again, just to find out it will not install on Windows 8 or 10. And that disappointed me considering I was very excited and looking forward to it. I know there are people who are wanting to play this game again. 

So why not remaster it so we can start installing and playing it again?

Message 1 of 29 (11,758 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@NeonElephant088

Hi there,

We try to stay creative by thinking of new and fun ways to change the gameplay for our titles. Therefore we usually don't go for remasters if we could instead create an entire new game. Though, we certainly do understand that some of those older titles might actually be your favorites..

What did you enjoy so much about the Sims 1? How did you find it compared to Sims 3 and 4? 

Message 2 of 29 (11,732 Views)

Sims 1 was a rather good sandbox. You still can check what the modding community did for that game and i am still amazed of how well they did those things without having proper tools at the time.

One other thing for the Sims 1, was probably the fact that people never age there, is a perpetual Neverland. Add to that the possibility to create your house on lots that range from small to actually huge (sorry, but i've found Sims 3 and 4 confining).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 29 (11,721 Views)

Hero (Retired)

So no remaster for Mass Effect 1? Wink

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 4 of 29 (11,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Retro-Pathfinder wrote:

Remaster for ME 1 ? Why? It still looks great.

Message 5 of 29 (11,700 Views)

Hero (Retired)

IIPrest0nII написано:

@Retro-Pathfinder wrote:

Remaster for ME 1 ? Why? It still looks great.

@IIPrest0nII

To celebrate Mass Effect Andromeda. Also it can bring new users.

Message 6 of 29 (11,693 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well, I think we both know it won't happen Confused

Message 7 of 29 (11,689 Views)

Hero (Retired)

IIPrest0nII написано:

Well, I think we both know it won't happen Confused

I'm afraid you right. Frown

Message 8 of 29 (11,678 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder @IIPrest0nII

Never say never! 

If you would like to discuss further, I've set up a great thread for you and other players to do so:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Mass-Effect-Series-and-Andromeda-Hype/m-p/5919069

Message 9 of 29 (11,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Oh man Sims... (memories waking in my head)

I remember when I was little, my sister and I used to play it together and watch our own plays. And by doing so, see how we end up doing to each family and our own main characters. Fun times those with my sister. Those time where the times that I wasn't even on the know of who EA at all and even so know little about games in general in those times. 

I really liked a lot the 3rd game back in the day, the 2nd game was very amazing. Never try the 4th because in all my honest opinion it has been a disappointment in my eyes. I might wait to see what will happen if Sims 5 and or Sims with a different tittle shows around the corner. I always imagine this type of specific games, being a very vastly open world. I can say, that the only thing I had a weird relationship was with aging. It felt sometimes to fast for the time you had to experience a full life longevity. Wonder how will that be implemented in the next sims and or if so. The next game will be truly open. 

By the way @Retro-Pathfinder & @IIPrest0nII I don't think they need to at all. I mean, do they? I am one that bought the games, just because the announcement of Andromeda. Well the first  games and the second was on the house, but I will buy the 3rd as soon as I finish the 2nd. The fact that the actual title has struck interest in people (depending who has bought the original trilogy since Andromeda news launch) it is statement enough to know that, those games still have some relevance. 

Message 10 of 29 (11,601 Views)