Re: Redeem Sims 2 Codes on Origin

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Redeem Sims 2 Codes on Origin

★★★ Novice

This is not about Sims 2 Ultimate. I have my original CD-ROMs & their access keys, but I do not have a disk player on my computer. I want to know how to get these redeemed on Origin. I have redeemed my MySims and Spore CD-ROM keys in the same way.

Before anyone says that Sims 2 is too old, MySims and Spore both came out in 2008. Sims 2 Apartment Life also came out in 2008. So why was I able to redeem my MySims and Spore codes but not my Sims 2 codes? I tried redeeming all 3 back in 2018, but only MySims and Spore were available.

Message 1 of 3 (1,219 Views)

Hero
@kagami1111 As you might be aware, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was retired in 2018. Now onto the disks.

After July 2013, when The Sims 2 and Expansion packs were removed from the Origin store, Sims 2 players were still able to register some of their physical copies (and the rest of them with EA support) on an old EA website that was used before Origin. I did that for almost every pack as well as The Sims Stories games.

However, in 2016, that website was closed and now redirects to Origin where The Sims 2 codes don't work. The same year, any copy of The Sims 2 base game, Expansions and Stuff Packs was removed from every player's library unless it was Ultimate Collection.

Sorry I can't give you any better news, but it is no longer possible to register The Sims 2 on Origin at all, or even download it unless you already have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in your library.

If you wish to install the game, you can purchase an external disk drive for your PC. They are usually pretty inexpensive, and should work for installing the game(s).

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (1,179 Views)

Champion

@kagami1111  As pointed out when EA removed Sims 2 from Origin, they also removed the ability to register the CD codes. There are no digital versions of Sims 2 available for Windows OS. If you have a Mac the Sims 2 Super Collection is the only digital version available for purchase. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,157 Views)