Play the Sims 2 without CD

by xblueberry326

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Play the Sims 2 without CD

★★ Newbie

I've lost my CD to The Sims 2 university and was wondering if can play it anyway?

I have the package and the manual (with the code) but when I was trying to  redeem the code at Origin it didn't work.

Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (34,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play the Sims 2 without CD

Community Manager

If you still have your game keys you can an EA Game Advisor to add the game to your Origin account and then play without disc.

As Sims 2 is an older game you'll have to contact an EA Game Advisor to have it added to your Origin account.

You need to log into the help page with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Issue Type", and "Platform" to see the contact options. Please choose phone or chat as contact option.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (37,409 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

If you still have your game keys you can an EA Game Advisor to add the game to your Origin account and then play without disc.

As Sims 2 is an older game you'll have to contact an EA Game Advisor to have it added to your Origin account.

You need to log into the help page with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Issue Type", and "Platform" to see the contact options. Please choose phone or chat as contact option.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 8 (37,410 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have the disc, and it's scratched, Disc 2 may be ok, but I don't see an option to sign in with my Origin account. 

Message 3 of 8 (29,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Zarandolph

No, you need to talk to an EA Game Advisor to have them exchange your disc code for a digital one.

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 8 (29,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much i contacted ea and they gave me the game no problems plus they gave me all the expansions free i am over the moon with joy 

Message 5 of 8 (28,479 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I contacted them and EA told me that there was no way to play the game without the discs since the entire library has been removed from the online system. I am glad you were able to get your game! My product key won't work any more.

Message 6 of 8 (27,043 Views)

★ Guide

For real?! I guess I have to start up my stationary pc then. I was hoping to be able to play sims 2 on my laptop but there is no disk drive on it. I guess sims 1 is too old to even work on a win 7 pc (my stationary pc). Was feeling up to play some old sims games, but without disk drive, I can't install them. And my sims 2 is the old 4-disks one.

Message 7 of 8 (24,914 Views)

Champion

@Nekoboy69 , you can buy an external CD drive for you computer. I have a Mac and bought an external CD drive for mine. They aren't too expensive if you want to look into one. Sims 1 does work on Windows 7 to my knowledge as a couple of people here have gotten it to work. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (24,864 Views)