Pirates and Nobles won't download (in Dutch)

by legbet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pirates and Nobles won't download (in Dutch)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I purchased The Sims Medieval Special Edition and the base game downloaded fine, but when I try to download Pirates and Nobles through the "Extra Content" menu underneath the game, the download says it's preparing, before saying it's complete in the span of about five seconds. The expansion never actually downloads and the Download button is still there for me to try again.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Origin, clearing out Origin's cache, and restarting my computer. Please help.

I'm on Windows 10, by the way.

Message 1 of 41 (7,685 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pirates and Nobles won't download

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @EvaLisahihi,

Let's try something different then!

1. If you don't have base game installed, click on it to start the download, but make sure to uncheck the 'Pirates and nobles' box so it only installs the base game.
  2. Once the installation of the base game is done, right click on the game and select 'Properties'.
  3. In the small window that will appear, go to Advanced options (second tab) and change the language of the game to English. This process will download again the language files.
  4. Once the process finishes, go to Extra content tab and download the Pirates and nobles Expansion Pack.
  5. Once the pack is installed, repeat 2 and 3 to change the language to Dutch again.

That should help, let us know if it works for you Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 21 of 41 (9,001 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @legbet,

Let's try something different: right click on The Sims Medieval cover in your Game Library and select 'Repair'. Once this process is done, try to install your pack again.

Did it download correctly now?

-Mai

Message 2 of 41 (7,667 Views)

★★ Novice

i've done what you advise, but it won't finish it. say's finish... and if i want to play it say's stil downloading, 

Message 3 of 41 (7,524 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Rianne30,

In that case, could you please try to clear your Origin cache following these steps?:

1. First, make sure you can view hidden files and folders:
    1. Hit the Start button (or press Win + X for Windows 10).
    2. Click on Control Panel.
    3. Click on Appearance and Personalization, then Folder Options.
    4. Click the View tab.
    5. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and click OK to save the change.
  2. If Origin is running, close it by clicking Origin in the menu bar then Exit.
  3. Click Start, then Computer, then double-click (CStandard smile to open the C:\ drive
  4. Open the ProgramData folder, then the Origin folder, and delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent.
    1. If you’re on Windows XP  you’ll find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\
  5. Go back to C:\: 
    1. Open the Users folder,
    2. Open the folder with your  username, 
    3. Open AppData
    4. Then Roaming
    5. Then Origin
      •  Delete all the files and folders inside.
  6. Go back to the AppData folder: 
    1. Open the Local folder, 
    2. Open the Origin folder
      • Delete all the files and folders inside.

Log in to the Origin client and see if you can download or play the game properly now. Wink

Welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 41 (7,512 Views)

★★ Novice

i've try evry step, but the same problem(it wont't finish the game) uccure, even after those steps i try to reapair the base instalation but won't work. because my laptop don't have a dvd drive in it, other wise i instal it from the dvd rom 

Message 5 of 41 (7,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

That's interesting, thanks for the info @Rianne30. I'd suggest trying to completely uninstall the base game, and install the game again. Could you try that?

It's better if you install the games through Origin than DVD in this case, as there's an update available that can only be installed in the digital version of the game Wink

-Mai

Message 6 of 41 (7,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i've try reinstal, but stil same problem. i play the dutch version of the game, mayby there is a software diference? 

if i juse the version from the dvd i get a launcher, but not in this version. it say's that i need to reinstal the base game

Message 7 of 41 (7,475 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Rianne30,

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if I understand, where does it say you need to reinstall the base game?

The language in which you install the games shouldn't be a problem. Also, keep in mind that you need to install the base game and Pirates and nobles the same way, either both through Origin or both through DVD.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 8 of 41 (7,467 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, I've tried all the steps you proposed but the problem persists. I can play the game without the extension, but the extension just won't download at all. When I try to download it, the progress bar goes up a little and the goes back to zero.

I play on an acer aspire E15 on windows 10.

Message 9 of 41 (7,163 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @iamanargle,

Sorry for the wait, are you still having this issue?

If so, I would suggest checking you have enough space in your computer to download the expansion. Not having enough free space in your computer could be causing the issue.

If you do have enough free space, try to download Pirates and nobles in safe mode:

1. Launch the Origin client and log in to your account.
  2. Click on your EA ID below your avatar.
  3. Click on Application Settings, then click on Diagnostics.
  4. Under Troubleshooting, toggle Safe mode downloading to On.
  5. Restart Origin, then try downloading your game again.

Let us know if that helps, and welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 10 of 41 (7,141 Views)