Re : Pirates & Nobles serial code not working (PC)

by riseshinefall

Original Post

Pirates & Nobles serial code not working (PC)

★★ Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I bought the basegame on Steam a few months back and ran into the problem with the serial code not working. I tried changing the date on my computer to 2011, and it worked, and so I played and enjoyed the game. A few days ago, I purchased the Pirates & Nobles expansion pack, and ran into the problem again. However, now the "2011 solution" doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and installing, changing the date to different months of 2011, and I even tried 2010 at one point. I've tried using both of the serial codes I now have (the one for the basegame and the one for the EP). 

Eventually I decided to try to install the game via Origin, and I managed to register the basegame in Origin, however it didn't accept the Pirates & Nobles serial code, so now I'm back to square one with only being able to play the basegame, except I'm 9,99 shorter for buying the EP on Steam. 

I'm really disappointed and irritated. You'd think EA would've fixed this problem by now... I'm considering asking for my money back, but above all, I just want to be able to play the game, preferably with the EP. Any and all help much appreciated!

Oh and I have Windows 7, so it's not a problem with incompability. 

Message 1 of 9 (685 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @riseshinefall,

Is your code for Pirate & Noble a 16 digits code? If so, open the game and click on the options button on the main screen:

RedeemCode.JPG

Choose "Redeem Code" and enter your code in the pop-up menu:

EnterCode.JPG

If it still doesn't work let us know. 
Message 2 of 9 (665 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Zoe,

My code is indeed 16 digits. I tried to open the game both in Origin and in Steam (after unchecking the EP in Steam), but both times I got an error message saying "Unable to start game: Error code 24576". It would seem that the universe is out to get me :P

Is there a way to make the error go away? I'd like to try your solution but I can't make the game run.

Message 3 of 9 (655 Views)

Argh, I hate when it does that @riseshinefall. Also this error code popped up a few times on AHQ but there's no bulletproof solution so it seems Frown Hopefully we can find the solution today.

First thing first, what OS are you using? 

Secondly, do you remember how you uninstalled the game from Steam? Did you click on "Delete local content" or did you went into "Uninstall or change a program"? 

When uninstalling completely a game I recommend to always use some kind of removal software like CC Cleaner. Because there's always a key registry or a random little file you have no idea was here that stays and mess things up.

Message 4 of 9 (647 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello again! Apologies for my late reply, I didn't notice that you had replied (oops)... 

I'm using Windows 7. 

When I uninstalled the game from Steam I selected "Delete local content" after making a backup of my Saves, Saved Sims and Screenshots. I'll try uninstalling the game again, but using the removal software you mentioned this time to make sure I got everything Standard smile Hope this works *crosses fingers*

Message 5 of 9 (601 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Zoe, after using CCleaner I got the game running again on Origin, yay! (I chose Origin since, in Steam, there currently isn't a way to install only a basegame without any purchased DLC also installing automatically, and thus I wouldn't be able to start the game.)

However, when I tried to enter the EP's code I got from Steam ("Redeem Code" in the game, as you showed me) it told me "The code you entered was incorrect." (I'd post a picture but I'm not sure how to do that). I tried with and without dashes, lower case and upper case, and - in a fit of desperation - to change the time and date to 2011, but neither helped. 

At least I got past the error message, so that's a relief

Message 6 of 9 (586 Views)

Awesome! So glad to hear you managed to get the game running on Origin.

It's possible the code is not recognized by the new system. I would recommend to contact an Advisor so they can try to register the code on their side or simply replace it. To do so simply click here and fill in the form. Depending on your location and timezone you should see an option to Chat or Call an Advisor. 

Let me know how it goes.

Message 7 of 9 (580 Views)

★ Novice

I am having a similar problem. I downloaded my copy of pirates and nobles from origin. Messages pop up telling me to put the code in because its going through an external application. I put the code in but then it tells me an error has occurred during the activation process. How can I fix this?

Message 8 of 9 (573 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well

Message 9 of 9 (513 Views)