No EA or Sims 2 folder

by Whoopsygo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No EA or Sims 2 folder

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I see this has been asked many times but none of the answers have helped me. I downloaded and have been playing Sims 2: Ultimate Collection on my new Mac for a few months. I want to start using CCs. There is no EA folder or any other version of a Sims folder on my computer or in my cloud. My computer is quite new so I don't have many files/folders to look through. I searched hidden files, and re-installed the game in case it was deleted. I am absolutely stumped. Is there anywhere I haven't looked? Or is it possible to install the CEP in another way? Thank you all so much.

Message 1 of 21 (5,895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No EA or Sims 2 folder

Champion

@Whoopsygo , when you download CC for Sims 2, the CC (unless otherwise noted by the creator) should show as the following formats ("CC name.sims2pack" or "CC name.package"). When you have the Aspyr Package Installer program loaded make sure it points directly to your Downloads folder in your Sims 2 folder. The Sims 2 files for the Mac are hidden in your Library folder instead of in the Documents folder.

To find your Library folder, click on your Desktop, find the "Go" command at the top in the Finder, hold your cursor button over Go and press the Option key on your keyboard at the same time and Library will show when you do that. Scroll through the Library folders until you find one called "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore" and open the folder. You should see two files in there and open the Data File. From there, locate another file named "Library" and then in that file you should should find another Aspyr folder which when opened will reveal the Sims 2 folder (exactly like the original game and on the Windows side). From there check to see if you have a folder named "Downloads" and if you do not, simply create one. This is where all your CC and Mods will be stored.

My advice is to organize your CC into categories within this folder once you get it up and running.

If your CC has the ".sims2pack" extension, you will have to use the Package Installer to "uncompress" the file to now show the ".Package" extension. All CC in the game must have the ".package" extension to run.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (5,824 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Whoopsygo , when you download CC for Sims 2, the CC (unless otherwise noted by the creator) should show as the following formats ("CC name.sims2pack" or "CC name.package"). When you have the Aspyr Package Installer program loaded make sure it points directly to your Downloads folder in your Sims 2 folder. The Sims 2 files for the Mac are hidden in your Library folder instead of in the Documents folder.

To find your Library folder, click on your Desktop, find the "Go" command at the top in the Finder, hold your cursor button over Go and press the Option key on your keyboard at the same time and Library will show when you do that. Scroll through the Library folders until you find one called "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore" and open the folder. You should see two files in there and open the Data File. From there, locate another file named "Library" and then in that file you should should find another Aspyr folder which when opened will reveal the Sims 2 folder (exactly like the original game and on the Windows side). From there check to see if you have a folder named "Downloads" and if you do not, simply create one. This is where all your CC and Mods will be stored.

My advice is to organize your CC into categories within this folder once you get it up and running.

If your CC has the ".sims2pack" extension, you will have to use the Package Installer to "uncompress" the file to now show the ".Package" extension. All CC in the game must have the ".package" extension to run.

Message 2 of 21 (5,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 It worked~ I swear Mac will be the death of me. Thank you so so much. I've spent hours on this and was so ready to give up. Take care!
Message 3 of 21 (5,807 Views)

★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 What do you mean by point directly towards the downloads folder? There is no sims 2 downloads folder we can navigate so I'm not sure where to put the installer
Message 4 of 21 (5,642 Views)

Champion

@andrea1785 , you have to create a folder named Downloads and add it to your Sims 2 folder. Once you do that, then you can direct the Installer to put your CC there.

Message 5 of 21 (5,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

I have a MacBook Air and Sims 2 and I am having the exact same problem with not finding the EA folder. I found a folder with the same name (com.aspyr.sims2.appstore) but it was under "Application Scripts" in the "Library" in "Finder." Then when I clicked on it, there was nothing in it. Can you please help??!!!

Thanks.

Message 6 of 21 (4,549 Views)

Champion

@ekw0906 , did you follow these instructions to find the correct folder?

To find your Library folder, click on your Desktop, find the "Go" command at the top in the Finder, hold your cursor button over Go and press the Option key on  your keyboard and Library will show when you do that. Scroll through the Library folders until you find one called "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore" and open the folder. You should see two files in there and open the Data File. From there, locate another file named "Library" and then in that file you should should find another Aspyr folder which when opened will reveal the Sims 2 folder (exactly like the original game and on the Windows side). From there check to see if you have a folder named "Downloads" and if you do not, simply create one. This is where all your CC and Mods will be stored.

And yes, Sims 2 Super Collection is found in the Library. Standard smile

Message 7 of 21 (4,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me. I have followed your CC download instructions step by step (I have a MacBook Air btw) and my CC still isn't showing up anywhere on the game and I'm getting so frustrated and I'm not too sure what else to do.

Thank you Standard smile 

Message 8 of 21 (2,650 Views)

Champion

@PeacefulSinn , did you check to see if the "Show CC in Game" option was checked on the opening screen? It pops up shortly before the Neighborhoods screen does.

Message 9 of 21 (2,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have turned all the required settings on and nothing is showing up 

Message 10 of 21 (2,632 Views)