Re: No DirectX 9.0 devices

by RagingPete97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No DirectX 9.0 devices

★★ Novice

I've recently downloaded sims 2 off origin on my account and it says i have no direct x 9.0 devices installed/

Message 1 of 7 (695 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 i was able to fix the problem by editing the graphics rules.sgr file and going into windowed mode and setting it to uintProp maxResWidth 1920
uintProp maxResHeight 1080 and going into windowed mode and adjusting the resoultion and going into back into fullscreen

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (625 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@partypoison2005 , this is a known problem with the game. However, it is usually solved by using the Graphics Rule Maker to make sure your graphics card information is added to make the game run smoothly. You should check out the threads sticked at the top of this forum on how to get Sims 2 to run on your version of the Windows OS.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (661 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 Used it and it still broken
Message 3 of 7 (653 Views)

Champion

@partypoison2005 , ok found a solution on the Official Sims Forums and here's the link to thread in question. This should solve the Direct X problem. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/766187/for-those-of-you-with-ts2u-failed-to-find-a-direc...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 7 (638 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 that didnt work either but thanks
Message 5 of 7 (635 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 i was able to fix the problem by editing the graphics rules.sgr file and going into windowed mode and setting it to uintProp maxResWidth 1920
uintProp maxResHeight 1080 and going into windowed mode and adjusting the resoultion and going into back into fullscreen
Message 6 of 7 (626 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@partypoison2005 After doing this, is it normal for my taskbar to still show at the bottom? Like the window wont fill the entire screen completely. Or is there a final step that Im missing in order to make it completely full screen?
Message 7 of 7 (576 Views)