Re: New laptop; No CD Drive

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New laptop; No CD Drive

★ Novice

Hello, 

I was just on chat for help regarding getting my Sims 2 onto Origin. I recently upgraded laptops and my new laptop does not have a CD drive. I was able to borrow an external CD drive to install the games but now I cannot play. My IT Advisor sent me here, as they were out of stock for sims 2 codes.

Please help so I can continue playing! The Sims 2 has been my favorite so far!

Thank you,

Trena

Message 1 of 6 (425 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @paintedrain91

you can't even buy it through Origin. It's not available anymore.

I fear, an external drive is the only official solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (383 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @paintedrain91

the cheapest would probably be to get an external drive for yourself. They're not that expensive and it should solve the issue.

I don't know of a way to get Sims 2 as codes to redeem on Origin unfortunately as they are no longer giving out the Ultimate collection.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (405 Views)

★ Novice
So since they are no longer giving out codes, would I have to repurchase each ep and sp through origin just to play?
Getting an external CD drive is not practical. It's big and bulky, and unless you have somewhere flat and unobtrusive to place it, it can damage the cd.
Message 3 of 6 (396 Views)

Hero

Hi @paintedrain91

you can't even buy it through Origin. It's not available anymore.

I fear, an external drive is the only official solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (384 Views)

★ Novice

Ahh, bummer!! 😭😭

I know this isn’t the correct forum, but is this also true for Sims 3? I haven’t started on installing them yet but I believe they may be cd as well. 😢

Message 5 of 6 (378 Views)

Hero

Hi @paintedrain91

Sims 3 is available on Origin and you can just redeem your codes if you haven't done so. This will give you the download version on Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (346 Views)